THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    New Trophy Room Project / Progress Photos Updated for 11/16/19
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Trophy Room Project / Progress Photos Updated for 11/16/19
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Spoke to a friend the other day that is 61 and has 80 animals at the taxidermist and is paying $1000 per month in rent for an airconditioned storage unit for all the stuff he has already done.

Told me that he bought a property on a lake in Florida and is building a trophy room down there.

He said he didn't have any room in his house two years ago but kept going with the taxidermy.

I said jeeze, wouldn't it be cheaper just to skull mount everything and keep hunting. He said he never thought about it, and I was an asshole but probably right.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, have you got the lion home yet? It have a place in the new building?

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
That looks awesome. Just gotta love the wood and decor.

You need one of my prints hanging on the wall there!

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9860 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ongwe:

Todd said he is not coming here again.

He got upset at our April Fools Day posting of Trump’s blubbering!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66901 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, saw that on the deleted thread.

I was hoping he would change his mind.

Oh, well!

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Todd is one of the few “AR Friends” I actually know personally. He’s a good guy and very smart when it comes to African hunting, doubles, and Blaser hatred. He provided a very level headed opinion on most things.

I’m glad I can contact him in other ways, but will miss him here.

Trump 2020! Haha!

Trump did just recently open up something like 2.3M acres to sportsmen. Biden just wants your AR-14s!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
April Fools Day, and our sense of humor, seems to be a factor of some members leaving AR.

Religion, politics, race, country, colour have always been a source of fun for humanity from as far as people have been on this earth.

And anyone who takes offense at any jokes being made of these should not come here.

I have absolutely, positively, no time for any religious or political extremists, nor anyone who worships political correctness.

Last year in Tanzania I was asked by a member of the Game Department if we had "racism" in Dubai.

My answer was "I have no idea what you mean, but in Dubai you are black, he is white, and I am brown. If that offends you, don't go there"

End of story.

Sadly, in our convoluted modern society everything has become THEM and US.

Tolerance is taking a real beating.

Vegans hate everyone who eats meat, to the extent they actually go to supermarkets and try to stop people buying meat!!

I can list pages and pages of these stupid THEM and US example, but I think you get what I mean.

Posts: 66901 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
April Fools Day, and our sense of humor, seems to be a factor of some members leaving AR.

Religion, politics, race, country, colour have always been a source of fun for humanity from as far as people have been on this earth.

And anyone who takes offense at any jokes being made of these should not come here.

I have absolutely, positively, no time for any religious or political extremists, nor anyone who worships political correctness.

Last year in Tanzania I was asked by a member of the Game Department if we had "racism" in Dubai.

My answer was "I have no idea what you mean, but in Dubai you are black, he is white, and I am brown. If that offends you, don't go there"

End of story.

Sadly, in our convoluted modern society everything has become THEM and US.

Tolerance is taking a real beating.

Vegans hate everyone who eats meat, to the extent they actually go to supermarkets and try to stop people buying meat!!

I can list pages and pages of these stupid THEM and US example, but I think you get what I mean.

………………………………………………… Well said Saeed! Opinion is just that, a personal thing that everyone has, it is just that everyone thinks theirs is the only one that counts!
Todd is no different than anyone else and is allowed to have his own opinion just like the rest of us, but one must disregard opinion that doesn't track with yours and not get angry over things read on the internet.
I for one will miss his posts here and am sorry to see him leave. Him and I have at times disagreed about one thing and another, but that was not serious, just a disagreement nothing more!
……………………………………………………………………………… old 2020

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

NO!

WRONG!

Yes I got pissed about the April Fools joke but not because of anything to do with Trump.

I received a couple of emails from other AR members telling me of the last few comments on this thread. I checked back in as a result and found exactly what I expected, being that the comments I made on the now deleted April Fool’s Joke thread were indeed misrepresented and my thread celebrating my hunting adventures to date, had indeed been tarnished with politics.

I got pissed, and remain so to some extent, due to the continued march of what was once the greatest resource for African hunting, experiencing far reaches of the earth pursuing species each of us find exotic to our individual locales, and the general enjoyment of shooting and fine guns, into an absolute cesspool of politics and hatred toward each other, divided along political lines.

I first came to this forum for the enjoyment of sharing stories of the activities that have defined much of the leisure portion of our lives. I didn’t and don’t come here to experience grown adults hurling the most vile and infantile insults at each other because of political differences. I understand the existence of the political forum and it's an easy place to avoid. This forum has taken a hard turn toward unfriendly and even hateful bickering, and it's spilling over from the PF into the main forum threads. I found the April Fool's joke this year to be encouraging of shifting the focus from hunting / shooting / enjoyment of shared common interests, toward more division. Frankly, I'm saturated with as it's all we see today in news, social media, print, etc. I've personally had all of it I care to deal with and have just withdrawn from it for the most part.

This thread is a good example. I started this thread to share my experience of finally getting around to building the trophy room of my dreams … a more than 30 year dream finally realized. Instead of just leaving this thread to stand alone for what it is, as I had made no political comments on this thread prior to this one, Saeed felt the need to bring politics into this one as well. I debated about just leaving it alone and not commenting at all in response but I don't want to be misrepresented without rebuttal.

This has been said by several before, including me, but notice how long it’s been since you’ve seen 100 members signed into the forum at any time? WORLD WIDE? I think it’s no secret that a lot of the names we used to see participating on a regular basis just got fed up with the bickering. Names that had incredible levels of experience afield, stretching back to "the good old days" in many instances. Where are all those guys now? Frankly, I think the forum is greatly diminished by their absence.

IMHO, it’s a lot like the current “WOKE” status of sports where you can’t tune into an NFL, MLB, or NBA game without getting a political message shoved down your throat. Most watch sports for enjoyment and the opportunity to share the experience of sports with their fellow man, not to get more of the political bull shit that permeates every medium these days.

I may continue to check in to AR and comment from time to time in the future, so I’m not saying I’m out of here for good. But this place sure isn’t as enjoyable as it was in the past when we read about other’s hunt reports, the ordering and anticipation of arrival of a new bespoke rifle, the working up and performance of a new load, a video of a fellow hunter’s recent foray into new territory, and so on.

The shame of it all is this forum could return to most of its former glory with a little push; just a nudge or two, in the right direction. Something tells me the powers that be enjoy the discontent more however. That’s truly unfortunate.

BTW, I hope you guys did enjoy the build process of my room which was the focus of this thread.

And yes, the lion I shot with Blake and CMS back in 2012 is finally home.

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 674 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ready Aim Shoot
posted Hide Post
Thumbs up to you Todd.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
quote:

NO!

WRONG!

Yes I got pissed about the April Fools joke but not because of anything to do with Trump.

I received a couple of emails from other AR members telling me of the last few comments on this thread. I checked back in as a result and found exactly what I expected, being that the comments I made on the now deleted April Fool’s Joke thread were indeed misrepresented and my thread celebrating my hunting adventures to date, had indeed been tarnished with politics.

I got pissed, and remain so to some extent, due to the continued march of what was once the greatest resource for African hunting, experiencing far reaches of the earth pursuing species each of us find exotic to our individual locales, and the general enjoyment of shooting and fine guns, into an absolute cesspool of politics and hatred toward each other, divided along political lines.

I first came to this forum for the enjoyment of sharing stories of the activities that have defined much of the leisure portion of our lives. I didn’t and don’t come here to experience grown adults hurling the most vile and infantile insults at each other because of political differences. I understand the existence of the political forum and it's an easy place to avoid. This forum has taken a hard turn toward unfriendly and even hateful bickering, and it's spilling over from the PF into the main forum threads. I found the April Fool's joke this year to be encouraging of shifting the focus from hunting / shooting / enjoyment of shared common interests, toward more division. Frankly, I'm saturated with as it's all we see today in news, social media, print, etc. I've personally had all of it I care to deal with and have just withdrawn from it for the most part.

This thread is a good example. I started this thread to share my experience of finally getting around to building the trophy room of my dreams … a more than 30 year dream finally realized. Instead of just leaving this thread to stand alone for what it is, as I had made no political comments on this thread prior to this one, Saeed felt the need to bring politics into this one as well. I debated about just leaving it alone and not commenting at all in response but I don't want to be misrepresented without rebuttal.

This has been said by several before, including me, but notice how long it’s been since you’ve seen 100 members signed into the forum at any time? WORLD WIDE? I think it’s no secret that a lot of the names we used to see participating on a regular basis just got fed up with the bickering. Names that had incredible levels of experience afield, stretching back to "the good old days" in many instances. Where are all those guys now? Frankly, I think the forum is greatly diminished by their absence.

IMHO, it’s a lot like the current “WOKE” status of sports where you can’t tune into an NFL, MLB, or NBA game without getting a political message shoved down your throat. Most watch sports for enjoyment and the opportunity to share the experience of sports with their fellow man, not to get more of the political bull shit that permeates every medium these days.

I may continue to check in to AR and comment from time to time in the future, so I’m not saying I’m out of here for good. But this place sure isn’t as enjoyable as it was in the past when we read about other’s hunt reports, the ordering and anticipation of arrival of a new bespoke rifle, the working up and performance of a new load, a video of a fellow hunter’s recent foray into new territory, and so on.

The shame of it all is this forum could return to most of its former glory with a little push; just a nudge or two, in the right direction. Something tells me the powers that be enjoy the discontent more however. That’s truly unfortunate.

BTW, I hope you guys did enjoy the build process of my room which was the focus of this thread.

And yes, the lion I shot with Blake and CMS back in 2012 is finally home.

Todd,

With your non stop complaining about these forums, I wonder why you bother coming back!

I am not going to change.

I will call it as I see it.

Whether it concerns SCI or Mark Sullivan.

You don’t like it.

Leave!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Saeed, you can kick me off if you want but I'm not ever going to be one of your unconditional sycophants.

As long as I'm allowed to remain, I'll state my opinion when motivated to do so. I'll try to do so with some level of tact unless of course, the situation dictates otherwise (ala some of Shootaway's past misrepresentations of good people we all know and respect).

I honestly don't understand why you prefer to host a forum of hate, discontent, and bickering instead of the enjoyment of sharing common interests. Those common interests are what made this forum great, are they not?

For 3 and a half pages of sharing the positive enjoyment of constructing this trophy room, you never made a comment. Your first appearance on this thread was to introduce political discourse from another unrelated thread. A very short time after I make a follow up comment following a few months of the thread lying dormant, here you are again, now telling me to take a hike? All in response to my making sure anyone interested knew my actual motivation of just being tired of all the discontent and not because of anything to do with our current president's inarticulate nature?

You know Saeed, I was actually excited when you extended the offer to come visit you on my layover thru Dubai last year. I was very disappointed when my layover schedule turned out to be too short to do so and vowed that should you ever extend the offer again, I would schedule my flights to accommodate the visit. Why? Because despite our political and cultural differences, and even our differences in hunting styles, I believe we would have a pretty good time in each other's company, due to our shared interests. I even knew you would try to get me to shoot that T-Rex due to my preference for big bore rifles! Reluctantly, I was going to oblige you for some good hearted comedy video on your Champions thread at my expense!!

Of course, it's your site and your rules. If you don't care about the forum being hunting / shooting oriented, preferring instead to have the members conduct unrestricted and vile ad hominem attacks on each other, I suppose it shouldn't matter to me either.

So if you really want me to leave, break out the ban hammer and get it done. Otherwise, to answer your question about why I bother to come back here at all ... It's because there are still some remnants of the forum that I find beneficial from time to time and I occasionally have something I'd like to contribute towards supporting our shared interests at large ... such as the construction of a trophy room or a hunt report. I posted a hunt report and video from last year's double buffalo hunt for everyone to enjoy. I wish others would continue to do so as well. Those types of threads are sure more enjoyable than the filth in the PF and I'd like to encourage more positive participation.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Todd,

You have not broken any of my very few rules to be kicked out.

It is just your non stop complaints.

You and your son are more than welcome in my house next time you are in Dubai.

I hope you two like steaks, I will get the BBQ out.

I get many members visit here on their travels through Dubai.

Sadly, not much happening of that because of the bloody Chink virus.

The political forum has its purpose, it keeps all the undesirable out of the rest of the forum.

Anyone who believes anything said on that forum needs to be locked up!

For life! clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
Impressive trophy room. As to incivility on this forum, look at the rest of the world. It would be nice if we could agree to disagree.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Todd, glad to see you back, even if only briefly. Like most, you’re a good guy that we enjoy reading posts from and following your adventures when you share them. I do hope you’ll remain here long term.

Your trophy room came out very nice, well done! I like it a lot.

As for Saeed, you should take him up on his offer and visit him on your way to Africa. He’s a wonderful host and lively conversationalist. A day at his home will be a nice memory of your travels.

In closing, you should go check out several recent hunt reports of father-son hunts. One was mine but there’s another couple as well. Being a dad who cherishes time with his son, I’m sure you’ll enjoy them and hopefully they’ll get you planning another African hunt with your son. They’ll also remind you of what you like about AR.

I wish more people would post hunt reports.

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Welcome Todd, I for one missed your posts, and the pictures of you very nice trophy room!
I have to agree with your dislike of all the bickering, and have had plenty of it aimed at me as well. Some times it is hard to not reply to the heckler's comments, but I have found it is best to simply ignore them!
......................Welcome back, and I hope you will stay, and disregard the crap slinging.

.......................... oldMacD37

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

One cannot have an open, free flowing, forum without disagreements.

One always tries to remain composed.

But, sadly, certain members, with no class, no good up bringing, think they can get away with lots of sick lies.

We cannot allow that to happen without putting them in their place.

And if they don't like it, tough luck.

Go some place else where they might find like minded people.

This is not Facebook, where an individual is used as a commodity.

Here every member has the same place, same respect, as any of us running the site.

Each member stands on his own feet, and conducts himself as he sees fit.

If he wishes to feel that he has a separate personality to his "real life" person, and wishes to pretend top be a jerk, he will be called out.

And really don't care how famous they are.

I know I have annoyed certain members with this very simple policy in running the forums, that is fine, they are welcome to their opinions, and they are free to state them.

No censorship here.

But I suspect that the majority of our members agree with me.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gentlemen,

One cannot have an open, free flowing, forum without disagreements.

One always tries to remain composed.

But, sadly, certain members, with no class, no good up bringing, think they can get away with lots of sick lies.

We cannot allow that to happen without putting them in their place.

And if they don't like it, tough luck.

Go some place else where they might find like minded people.

This is not Facebook, where an individual is used as a commodity.

Here every member has the same place, same respect, as any of us running the site.

Each member stands on his own feet, and conducts himself as he sees fit.

If he wishes to feel that he has a separate personality to his "real life" person, and wishes to pretend top be a jerk, he will be called out.

And really don't care how famous they are.

I know I have annoyed certain members with this very simple policy in running the forums, that is fine, they are welcome to their opinions, and they are free to state them.

No censorship here.

But I suspect that the majority of our members agree with me.

Well, I don't think one can ask for more fairness that that!

...................... oldMacD37

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes there is bickering and always some jerk inserting his ass where it does'nt belong. But I;m on this site almost every day and would be lost without it! Thank you everybody.

Posts: 557 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 69deer:
Yes there is bickering and always some jerk inserting his ass where it does'nt belong. But I;m on this site almost every day and would be lost without it! Thank you everybody.

Absolutely! I think the current world situation, and especially here in the USA, has everyone grumpy and on edge. This place, for whatever faults it has, is still a welcomed refuge.

Posts: 3851 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
quote:
Originally posted by 69deer:

Absolutely! I think the current world situation, and especially here in the USA, has everyone grumpy and on edge. This place, for whatever faults it has, is still a welcomed refuge.

Exactly. I am on edge ans snap easily.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Want a good example of what I'm talking about?

I direct you to this thread where a known RSA outfitter offered a straight up hunt and got shit on for no reason, only to now be called a crook. For the life of me, I don't understand this shift from enjoying our sport to this hatred and bickering.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...171001162#5171001162

This is simply uncalled for. And it definitely does not encourage participation on the forum.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Want a good example of what I'm talking about?

I direct you to this thread where a known RSA outfitter offered a straight up hunt and got shit on for no reason, only to now be called a crook. For the life of me, I don't understand this shift from enjoying our sport to this hatred and bickering.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...171001162#5171001162

This is simply uncalled for. And it definitely does not encourage participation on the forum.

Yes Todd.

Another lying outfitter exposed for what he is.

Selling a farm bred dehorned rhino and pretending it is a proper hunt.

5 days to pretend you are actually “hunting”

Good luck on that. clap

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Saeed, what do you mean by "exposed". Bossie offered a RSA rhino hunt including 5 days. Regardless of your feelings on it, as he stated, hunting on foot over 20,000 acres, may very well take the hunter a few days. Maybe. Maybe not. But I see every RSA hunt offered always has more days included than is likely to take to bag out on all the included animals. People choosing to hunt RSA typically know the situation with ranch hunting.

I see no nefarious information in his hunt offer and again point to the fact that it was in line with every RSA hunt offer on the forum, or for that matter, any RSA hunt offer I've ever seen. It's not for everyone but it's still a good opportunity, especially for those who can't afford concession hunting in other countries.

Furthermore, knowing the situation with rhino hunting today, without supporting the opportunities for the ranchers to sell rhino hunts, they will no longer have an incentive to breed and raise them, thereby destroying the conservation model that exists today in support of maintaining rhino populations. The de-horning aspect is certainly regrettable but the ranchers are doing everything they can to prevent the animals from being poached. Personally, I think the rhino ranching activities are a positive.

I did a dart hunt for one back on my first safari to RSA in 2006. No it wasn't a "hunt of a lifetime", but it was still enjoyable as we got to chase them around a bit, work the wind, and get close enough to take a dart shot (about like a bow or maybe a crossbow range). Then we got to help the vet with his specimen collection, putting hands on a live rhino. All done in support of the rancher's attempts to keep his animals healthy and encourage population growth.

The fact is there was no reason for you to shit on Bossie's offer. Bossie didn't offer anything illegal or questionable. He was straight forward in advising that the rhinos had previously been dehorned.

Now you are calling him a crook.

Saeed, YOU ARE LITERALLY KILLING YOUR OWN FORUM.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed, what do you mean by "exposed". Bossie offered a RSA rhino hunt including 5 days. Regardless of your feelings on it, as he stated, hunting on foot over 20,000 acres, may very well take the hunter a few days. Maybe. Maybe not. But I see every RSA hunt offered always has more days included than is likely to take to bag out on all the included animals. People choosing to hunt RSA typically know the situation with ranch hunting.

I see no nefarious information in his hunt offer and again point to the fact that it was in line with every RSA hunt offer on the forum, or for that matter, any RSA hunt offer I've ever seen. It's not for everyone but it's still a good opportunity, especially for those who can't afford concession hunting in other countries.

Furthermore, knowing the situation with rhino hunting today, without supporting the opportunities for the ranchers to sell rhino hunts, they will no longer have an incentive to breed and raise them, thereby destroying the conservation model that exists today in support of maintaining rhino populations. The de-horning aspect is certainly regrettable but the ranchers are doing everything they can to prevent the animals from being poached. Personally, I think the rhino ranching activities are a positive.

I did a dart hunt for one back on my first safari to RSA in 2006. No it wasn't a "hunt of a lifetime", but it was still enjoyable as we got to chase them around a bit, work the wind, and get close enough to take a dart shot (about like a bow or maybe a crossbow range). Then we got to help the vet with his specimen collection, putting hands on a live rhino. All done in support of the rancher's attempts to keep his animals healthy and encourage population growth.

The fact is there was no reason for you to shit on Bossie's offer. Bossie didn't offer anything illegal or questionable. He was straight forward in advising that the rhinos had previously been dehorned.

Now you are calling him a crook.

Saeed, YOU ARE LITERALLY KILLING YOUR OWN FORUM.

Todd,

AR will never be what YOU want it to be.

I suggest you stick to entities you like, like SCI.

Where the truth is unknown.

Or Mark Sullivan, where only fakery and lies matter.

And what may I ask caused you to post this here?

Why don't you post on that thread?