THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    New Trophy Room Project / Progress Photos Updated for 11/16/19
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Trophy Room Project / Progress Photos Updated for 11/16/19
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted
Just broke ground on a new trophy room. I have a thread here on AR showing my current room. I've been out of space for some time and as a result, have quite a few animals at the taxidermy waiting for the go ahead.

New room is to be 40' by 40' plus a 15'x40' covered porch. Walls are 12'. Will have room inside for my sports car as well.

Pictures to follow as work progresses.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Good luck and can’t wait to see the pictures.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
So what you're building is...

The ultimate Man Cave :-)

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Powell:
So what you're building is...

The ultimate Man Cave :-)

YES!!!

Cars, Guns, Guitars, Bar, and Trophies!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's what I'm going to have to do as soon as we get moved from Colorado to TX. Building a nice big house but wall space is going to be limited due to the open floor plan.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1094 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
Funny enough, it's my wife that keeps trying to get me to add on a bigger trophy room!

I'm thinking about a separate building 40 x 70.. Trophy room, storage for RV, bassboat, jeep,etc.. Toy storage :-)

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Not much to see just yet. Foundation poured last week. Next week before the building begins.

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
You're killing me LOL!!!

Lets see.. Beer fridge, Leather easy chair, rustic tile floor with tanned capes as rugs, Elk Antler chandelier, Kudu horn lamps...

Sigh........

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Close Scott.

Stained concrete floors, theater seats, 80" TV, Cape Buffalo chandeliers, all that good stuff.

Then there is a 12' glass garage door opening to the covered porch so you can get an indoor/outdoor feel by opening it.

It's been a long time coming actually. I've had it planned since seeing a similar trophy room of one of my Dad's friends back in the 70's.

And like you, my wife is the one that has been pushing me to get it done. I'm not sure if she's really excited about the addition or if she just doesn't appreciate my guitar's turned up to 10 and wants to regain some sanity!!!

Anyway, more photos as progress goes along.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be watching!

We're going to start on a 30'x40'x12' building this fall. Trophy room on one side and garage for my play car on the other. Haven't decided on how to combine those decors yet!

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
What’s the sports car going in it?

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I Can't wait to see it Todd! Bad news is you will probably fill it up sooner than expected.

Posts: 1782 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevens:

Dodge Viper currently.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanajay:
I Can't wait to see it Todd! Bad news is you will probably fill it up sooner than expected.

Let hope so! Right? Good problem to have.

Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Not much to see just yet. Foundation poured last week. Next week before the building begins.

Very nice

Perfect for some Teslas and Blasers Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Dodge Viper currently.

I owned a 2004. Kept it for 3 years. Fun car, but hot and noisy.

Only got it up to 145 mph one time, but hit triple digits dozens of times.

Got tired of putting it in the shop. Traded it for a 2008 Tundra.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:
quote:
quote:

Dodge Viper currently.

BH63

LOL. Hot and noisy is the point of a Viper. A Vette it isn't. No electronic wizbang driving aids. Stick and clutch married to a great big engine with a place to sit and operate it. No frills. It's basically a street legal race car. A real knuckle dragging beast, which is what a sports car should be!!

It's the Anti-Tesla!!!

flame

One of Us
posted Hide Post
^

It sure was fun to feel that rear end get sideways at 80 mph when I shifted from 2nd to 3rd!

It was also a chick magnet par excellence.

BH63

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dodge Viper currently.

BH63

LOL. Hot and noisy is the point of a Viper. A Vette it isn't. No electronic wizbang driving aids. Stick and clutch married to a great big engine with a place to sit and operate it. No frills. It's basically a street legal race car. A real knuckle dragging beast, which is what a sports car should be!!

It's the Anti-Tesla!!!

flame

Spoken like a fighter pilot!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

New room is to be 40' by 40' plus a 15'x40' covered porch. Walls are 12'. Will have room inside for my sports car as well.

Never gonna happen!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Whatcha mean Karl?

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Nice! I know where the drum kit is going! ;-)

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
What was the Private eye TV show in the late'70s??

Vegas I think it was...

"Dan Tanna" was the character's name I think - he parked his car in his living room and jumped from the convertible right onto the couch :-)

I'm diggin it Todd!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whatcha mean Karl?

shocker

Karl Evans

Posts: 2723 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whatcha mean Karl?

Great looking Trophy room Todd! tu2 old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Whatcha mean Karl?

That car looks like a . . . PORSCHE!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

That car looks like a . . . PORSCHE!

It is. Just the only sports car available on the software program I used to draw it. But believe it or not, the dimensions on the two cars are very similar. So it works from that standpoint.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to seeing it completed.Your present room is very nice-one of the nicest I've seen.Why not keep it and use the money to go hunting?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
I am looking forward to seeing it completed.Your present room is very nice-one of the nicest I've seen.Why not keep it and use the money to go hunting?

Maybe he is building it so his wife can’t use the argument “We don’t room for any more animal trophies!”?

Planning ahead is always smart.

BH63

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Powell:
What was the Private eye TV show in the late'70s??

Vegas I think it was...

"Dan Tanna" was the character's name I think - he parked his car in his living room and jumped from the convertible right onto the couch :-)

I'm diggin it Todd!!!

There is a guy in Paradise Valley with a living room enclosed in glass all the way around. Has a chopper bike parked in it.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm completely out of room George. I've got 22 or 23 animals at the taxidermy right now that I just don't have any place for, especially full mounts that take up floor space.

Also, the garage is full so I've got 2 ATVs parked outside. Need to move the Viper.

Last, I like to turn up my guitars to 10! Wife and the dogs don't dig it!! lol. Start banging on the drums and I get THE STARE from the wife!!

hilbily

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm completely out of room George. I've got 22 or 23 animals at the taxidermy right now that I just don't have any place for, especially full mounts that take up floor space.

Also, the garage is full so I've got 2 ATVs parked outside. Need to move the Viper.

Last, I like to turn up my guitars to 10! Wife and the dogs don't dig it!! lol. Start banging on the drums and I get THE STARE from the wife!!

hilbily

My TR is starting to bug me; too full. Full lion, leopard, brown bear, grizz rug, black bear rug,three zebra skins, and a crapload of shoulder mounts - many large animals - and more at the taxidermist. After mounting three elk and a moose, I have moved to Euro for those but even a moose or 6x6 elk Euro takes a lot of room.

Building a house in Colorado and plan to move a lot of stuff there.

The only thing worse than an over-stuffed trophy room is no trophy room, so I guess for now I can live with it.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
The shell is built.

To give some scale, the walls are 12' from the foundation to the gutters. Garage door on the right is 8'x 8'. Garage door under the covered porch is 10'x 10'.

[/QUOTE]

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Brick and stone wainscot going on later today. Hope to have photos tomorrow. Interior starts next week.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hubba hubba.
Moving right along there.
tu2
Rip ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Better have a supercharged AC to cool that place down when you park that beast in there!
Nice get away!

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’d get a bigger amp, my rig I have never turned up past 6, maybe 7 for any length of time!

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently, Todd's contractor works at the same speed mine does! Lol!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ongwe:
Apparently, Todd's contractor works at the same speed mine does! Lol!

Yep. Pretty damned slow. The brick guys, third crew as we fired two crews for not showing when promised, finally started yesterday. Interior framing started today as well. Hoping it starts moving again now.

Thing is, I'm a part time builder and I've kept these guys busy for about 4 years now. You'd think they would consider my own personal project a priority. Evidently not.

Mad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was kidding, but unfortunately that is what I have come to expect from the construction industry.

But eventually all the frustration and high blood pressure will pay off!