Find
Notify
Tools

Giraffe Flat Skin ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted
So I have a giraffe flat skin and looking for ideas on how to display it. It’s really too big to lay on the floor but I have some wall space available. I am not sure the best and most pleasing way to anchor it to the wall. Also it’s pretty heavy so don’t want it to tear.

Any ideas or photos?

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 870 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of #1 of 13
posted Hide Post
I had that same problem. My solution was to have the skin made into a rug, they cut the skin into squares and then sewed them together. Looks great. Only problem is I’m still waiting for my stuff from last year. So I do not actually have Position of it yet.

ZIMBABWE 2016
ZIMBABWE 2017
Zimbabwe 2019

Posts: 172 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 22 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I tried the rug with a giraffe hide and it takes a lot of room. Plus we could never get it to lay flat and it became a tripping hazard. as individuals walk on it, it would bunch up, and after my wife almost tripped a few times it had to be relocated. so I placed it kind of rolled up and hanging on a ledge in my office. that way I can place skulls on top of it.

another skin I had made in to sheep skin lined gun cases. Then I had purses (medium and large) made out of the rest of the hide.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1571 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
They are big enough that they get to be wall to wall carpeting really quickly.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have a full giraffe skin that was made into a rug. We have a fairly big house and you still cannot use it effectively. It sits rolled up behind one of our African Trophy room couches. I have had other giraffe skins made into smaller rugs and they turned out beautiful and useful. As an example, we have two giraffe rugs that are square cut and sit partially under a beautiful display case and under a African style bench, both in our house foyer. From my experience, I would definitely stay away from a full giraffe rug.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have mine draped over the pool table.

Posts: 94 | Location: South Eastern PA | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
My full skin is too big for the floor of my small cabin so I may attatch it to the ceiling.
C

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Body in a room, neck running down the hallway.

I want to hunt a Giraffe but could see a good way to display. Don’t like the Loch Ness Monster head and neck mount. Rug issue we are discussing.
Per pound a Giraffe is a real deal.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
Yeah still scratching my head on what to do with it.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 870 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Make seat covers for your truck ..

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1293 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you guys have any pictures of these giant giraffe rugs?

Posts: 521 | Registered: 30 September 2012Reply With Quote