New
Find
Notify
Tools

Filling in nicely
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Received my euro's and zebra rug from South Africa a few months ago. My office is quickly filling up. Went with a taxidermist in RSA for the work and found the quality definitely less than what I've received from my taxidermist here in the states. Price was great, but quality was commensurate.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
nice tu2

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Looks great. What was wrong with the quality after all you cant get much wrong with a European skull mount ?

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2253 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Looking good, Brandon!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13328 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still plenty of space to fill up :-)

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:

Looks great. What was wrong with the quality after all you cant get much wrong with a European skull mount ?

Thank you, gentlemen. Certainly some room left to fill, but not much!

Charlie: The wood plaques are pretty lacking in their finish (very matte, very open grain wood, not well finished edges) and the finished skulls are rougher than what I've experienced stateside. Most are missing greater than half of the teeth. None of this detracts from the memory of the hunt, nor really from the aesthetics of the room, but starkly different from one taxidermist's work to another's.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted Hide Post
Looks great.

Posts: 511 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks very nice, Brandon.

What's the color on your walls? Makes the euros really "pop"

Posts: 429 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baker458:
Looks very nice, Brandon.

What's the color on your walls? Makes the euros really "pop"

Thanks, Baker. It's Behr Ultra S220-5 (Nutshell) on base 2753 (PP ultra interior/eggshell, low gloss).