THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    Finally got the new Buff up!( some more pics)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got the new Buff up!( some more pics)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It took me forever but I finally got the new one up! Jerry Huffaker does some fine taxidermy. And I got my Elephant ear back, man I love that!

The new one is up high. Now I just need my Leopard and the Boss Lady's Sable.

Another view or two of my humble "man cave".

Before taxidermy.........

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a dam fine bull you got hanging!

Posts: 622 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking buff, and your room looks like a great place to hang out.

DRSS

Posts: 624 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Never seen a "creme de menthe" trophy room. I am surprised but it looks pretty good.

Nice set up you have.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words. I love hanging out in there.

Yeah...the shade of green was....not what I expected but it grew on me.....a little darker would have been better I think.

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
It looks great, I wish I had that height in my room.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12523 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nice!

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Great buff. And other trophies too. I would be happy to share a scotch and chew some fat in your trophy room any evening ! Looks warm and friendly.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2256 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Great buff and room. Nice design and looks very cosy.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9859 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie64:
Great buff. And other trophies too. I would be happy to share a scotch and chew some fat in your trophy room any evening ! Looks warm and friendly.

Well come on, that's what it's for.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
very nice...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
that looks nice! Good job and love the buff

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few more pictures....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a full body Leopard and Hyena coming and a shoulder mount Elk as well........not to mention the Boss Lady's Big Kudu and Sable....

I'm running out of space!

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Awesome, to say the least.
Get rid of the unicycle; it is out of place.

Posts: 17089 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get rid of the unicycle; it is out of place.

My wife uses it for hanging laundry on....... I don't use it, got no engine!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow JTEX, that trophy room looks great! Outstanding trophies and a big congrats! I was going to invite you up to Utah to hunt elk, but then I read you already have a shoulder mounting coming soon!

I guess you have one of everything! Good for you!!

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Looks like one of Roland's prints of your buff? If so what is the quality like?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9859 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an fine room. The elephant ear is the coolest I have ever seen--who did that?

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well Jason it's the thought that counts Wink

Roland does incredible stuff and is a great guy to work with, he has done several prints for me.

Off hand I don't remember the lady's name....might be Cooper.... I found her at DSC with the big taxidermy outfit right at the front of the raised side area, I' try and find out who she was.......crs, and all....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 21 June 2016 17:27 Hide Post
Well Jason it's the thought that counts

Ha ha.... Anytime you or your family are interested in hunting up this way, give me a shout and I will be glad to take you. I'm not a guide, but I enjoy having friends come out here and hunt.

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A real trophy room just needs a Cape Buffalo centerpiece...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Wow! Very nice. I really like the informal arrangement of actually living with the memories.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
Great looking man cave. I am envious. I wish I had the height and square footage.

Good looking buffalo also.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Do you have any pictures of your main trophy room? (I try to funny when I am envious.)
Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice trophy room!

What are the dimensions of that space?

DSC
SCI Life
NRA Life
WSF Life <1 Club

Posts: 177 | Location: Bitterroot Valley, MT | Registered: 02 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I remember right the main room is about 22' x 35'...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://i190.photobucket.com/al...Shelley/IMG_1603.jpg

Tell me the story about the ele ear. Is it the left ear off your ele, is the painting of your bull? It is exceptional.

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Great looking room, full of memories and experience. Well done!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bama- Yes to both questions and thank you very much.

Daivd- Thank you. There are many memories there that room is one of my favorite places.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It has potential.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic trophy room - I love it !
Great buff too, well done

Do you have any photos of the method used to actually position your buff so high on the wall ? In about a year I will have the same task when I put up my own buff. I have already used almost all of the person height wall space in my trophy room and need to devise some means of accessing the higher wall area.
Thankyou

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
'06- Thank you very much

I don't have any photo's, but what I did was drill a 5/8" hole in the mortar and set a piece of 1/2" all thread in epoxy, with about 4" sticking out, then I used two nuts with a washer between them at the end sticking out to hang the mount on.

Hope that makes sense......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jtex,
Actually, what I am trying to ask is how you actually lifted the buff up to that height on your wall. Sorry if my original question was not worded clearly.

Interesting to know what your buff is hanging on anyway. My son and I have Moose in our trophy room hanging on 10 mm coach bolts screwed straight into wall studs. They are not hanging very high but damn, they weighed a lot. Took me and my two sons lifting together to get them up there.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are most welcome.

Maybe a Cape Buff mount is not as heavy as a moose.

I just set a 6' ladder on each side and my Son and I hung 'em up, one of us on each side walked them up the ladder and hung them over the all thread.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have that noted. Thankyou JTEX.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My moose is about 11 feet high (almost bumps the 14 foot ceiling). It was a son of a gun to get hung. It really helps if you do detachable antlers. Plus, if you shoot something bigger, you can swap them out pretty easily (the taxidermist might have to make some adjustments). I just got my 2014 elk back; I already have 3 shoulder mounts of 6by elk and don't need another, but this one is really massive. So I might swap it.

One other "tip": my taxidermist in Idaho said it would cost almost $600 so ship the skull and cape. I asked him to do detachable antlers on the skull and send me the package. Total bill: $185. River of No Return Taxidermy if anyone is interested. Great outfit.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice Jim.
Need to make it down to hang out with you.
Cheers
Steve

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any time Steve, come on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That cave of yours is anything but humble.. tu2

Posts: 3965 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote