THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    Tell me about this trophy room...(pics are back)
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about this trophy room...(pics are back)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT for a post I love to view! Incredible trophys is an understatement.

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warbird:
Pictures of trophy rooms like this amaze me. If only I had the time and money...

That trophy room needs to be about four times as large, and it would still be crowded! The owner is no doubt a person of unlimited wealth, because just the airfare to go and collect all that would be in six figures, not to mention taxidermy, safari costs, shipping,daily fees, and time to do the hunting! Amazing!!!!!!!! Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rembrandt1,

I just came across this thread.

Sam said it is O.K. to post the photos. Per Sam please P.M. me the name of the person who gave you the photo album.

These photos were from his old home in Oak Brook. The tiger was written up in Saga magazine as the "Man-eater of Bastar". I believe Sam has taken 5 tigers and Rose one. He gave me a copy of his tiger hunt on tape. Sam also took 19 100 pound elephants. In my biased opinion, he is the GREATEST living hunter.

After he moved this collection was donated and he began a new collection. The most spectacular High Altai Argali and Marco Polo Sheep imaginable. The second collection was donated to the college.

In addition to being a great hunter. Sam and Rose are fantastic people.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9363 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a honor to know Sam and Rosemary Pancotto,Sam Is the GREATEST living hunter Period.No other hunter in my opinion can duplicate what Sam has done,Sam and Rosemary Pancotto are in a class by them selves,they are close and dear friends,ALL THE BEST Sam and Rosemary...................

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I counted 9 lions, 4 tigers, and 3 black rhino in one picture Eeker

I can't even begin to imagine the amount of time and money he had to have spent to amass that collection. Amazing. Imagine the memories they must have.

One of Us
Picture of nampom
posted Hide Post
Thanks for re-posting the pictures it was well worth the wait. Unbelievable and absolutely amazing trophy room.

Here's to a great hunter thumb

All the best
Roger

VIERANAS Bow & Hunting
Adventure Safaris Namibia
#TPH00157

Roger@vieranasbowhunt.com
www.vieranasbowhunt.com

http://www.facebook.com/Vieranas.Safaris.Namibia

"The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport" Saxton Pope

Posts: 240 | Location: Africa Namibia - Kamanjab | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
. Sam also took 19 100 pound elephants. In my biased opinion, he is the GREATEST living hunter.

Holy cow! Eeker That is incredible! I would have loved to take a tour of his trophy room and see all this first hand. The quality of his mounts is really amazing!

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by capebuf:
Sam Is the GREATEST living hunter Period.No other hunter in my opinion can duplicate what Sam has done QUOTE]

He has my vote. Those are truly incredible. Every time I look at thise pics, I end up with drool all over my keyboard. Would love to hear the stories behind the trophies.

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sam and Rosemary need to write a book on their travels...not for money or fame but because the world needs to know of their fantastic feat of conservation efforts and dedication to becoming the sportsman and sportswoman of all time. To many more years of good health to both of them.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
quote:
You'd pretty much have to do nothing else year round!

This guy was a Pahlavi and Mellonesque hunter for sure.

I recon if I win the lottery I am going to hunt 9 months a year, spend 3 months with 4 or 5 playmates running around the mansion and then head back out in the field. No reason not to enjoy your money if you have it.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karamojo Bill
posted Hide Post
Drool drool. I can only DREAM of susch a room....tigers! Bears! Rams! Sables!

Karamojo Bill

At then end of my time here, I want to come skidding through the Pearly Gates & hear God say, "Whoa Boy, that was a hell of a ride!"

Posts: 118 | Location: Margaritaville, Oregon | Registered: 30 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
when i was a kid my dad always had weatherby books with great trophy rooms of weatherby shooters.this reminds me of them. thanks for posting Smiler

Posts: 207 | Location: new york | Registered: 23 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tr405,

GREAT memory. I have the 21st edition (1982) Weatherby guide catalog showing Sam's trophy room.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is'nt the first photo a room owned by the late 'Elgin Gates'.Some of the others look like his as well.

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, the first photo is Sam's ofice. You can see his photo on the left side wearing his cowboy hat. The second photo is an aerial view of his first house, ,which housed these trophies.

The home he resides in now had an equally impressive collection of High Altai Argali, Marco Polo,and numerous other trophies.

In 1975, Sam took his daughter (Marilyn)and new
husband for their honeymoon an a safari to Kenya as a wedding present. After tracking a big elephant for several hours with no sign of catching up to it, Marilyn returned to camp. Sam stayed on the tracks and eventually caught up to the big bull resting in the shade. A tracker ran back to camp and got Marilyn. Marilyn was wearing bell bottom blue jeans and as she describes " they made a swishing sound when she walked". Sam walked behind her holding her blue jean bottoms and they worked up to the big bull. Sam was sure Marilyn would miss the brain shot and he would have his 20th 100 pounder. Marilyn made a perfect brain shot and Sam never got number 20.

You can see a photo of Marilyn with her 106 pound bull in Fiona Capstick's book along with Rose and one of her 100 pounders.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice rooms; ALL! Thanks.

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
This has to be one of my favorite posts. I sure wish they would release a book and/or videos of their adventures.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can not think of any words that adequately describe these pictures other than simply "AWSOME"

H KITTLE

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTT...I just think this is one of the most incredible trophy rooms ever!

one of us
posted Hide Post
You Have some great trophys.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I counted at least 25 North American sheep in that trophy room. That in and of itself is an amazing feat. Add to that the numerous 100 pounders, Tigers, Lions and Black Rhinos.

JUST WOW!!! Every time I look at these photos I'm just in awe for the day.

Posts: 33 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Romo,

I believe Sam has nine Grand Slams of North American Sheep. As he says, if I just took three more Desert Sheep I would have an even dozen.

I find what is more impressive than his trophies is the good deeds he has done with his money. He gave us a dvd of his jaguar hunt in then British Honduras where he took three monster jaguars.Sam and Rose donated enough money to build a school and fund it over the years for the local children. Wherever they traveled they always helped out the locals through donations for hospitals, schools, etc.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some years ago I talked with Sam Pancotto to get him to submit his photos for the Great Hunters series but he would not do it at that time. It remains one of the most impressive rooms ever, especially if judged on the quality of the trophies.

Ludo Wurfbain

Publisher Safari Press

Posts: 51 | Location: California | Registered: 12 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of remington270
posted Hide Post
that really represents a great lifetime.

Posts: 31 | Location: New zealand | Registered: 15 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely fantastic.....we should all be so blessed.....what a testament to what must be a life well-lived.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Kathi,

What did Sam do for a living?

Mike

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BOWHUNR,

After World WAR II, he started out as a small concrete contractor. He began constructing and keeping commercial buildings for rent. He was involved in land development. Definitely a "blue collar" man. Very hard working, loyal to his family and friends.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kathi. That makes it even more impressive. Self made, from the bottom up. I would have guessed steel, ship building, etc. Concrete contractor.....unreal!! It's obvious that whatever he did, he did well!!

Mike

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of John B Taxidermy
posted Hide Post
On that "Wall of Leopards" ... the mount above and to the left of the Snow Leopard is actually a Jaquar! What a hunter! And those mounts look a lot like they were done by Jonas Brothers Taxidermy, and for the times the animals were taken, that would be a pretty safe bet. Fantastic collection, and fantastic Taxidermy! Thanks for the post!

John.

Improving the Quality and Status of Taxidermy Since 1970.

Posts: 129 | Location: Xenia, Ohio (Southwest 'corner' of the state) | Registered: 29 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
absolutely the finest collection of trophies i've ever seen. sadly, no man or woman today could accumulate such trophies regardless of the money they had.

Posts: 678 | Location: lived all over | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Time for another rave and drool of these trophies!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is an amazing collection. Lots of memories, and $$$ there.

I guess I lack the whatever to appreciate the mass. Too many wonderful trophies to allow me to focus on each in turn.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I'd need a nuclear bomb to kill this many animals. WOW

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My only reply is my head is spinning. Can't concentrate, so much to see. Heell I thought my Uncle Abe's house had trophies. Crap wouldn't fill a corner and he had a Sh%t load, including American grand slam of bears and the Big Five!

The things you see when you don't have a gun.
NRA Endowment Life Member
Proud father of an active duty
Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 350 Remington Magnum
posted Hide Post
In the 19'th Weatherby Guide from 1973 there is a picture from his throphy room.
Have a look at page 91 in the guide.

Weatherby, Symbol of Superiority!

Posts: 70 | Location: Norway | Registered: 12 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 350 Remington Magnum
posted Hide Post
Here is a pic:

Weatherby, Symbol of Superiority!

Posts: 70 | Location: Norway | Registered: 12 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of horn
posted Hide Post
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fantastic!!!
i've never seen a trophy room like that!!!

Posts: 23 | Location: Italy | Registered: 15 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TMTAXIDERMY
posted Hide Post
I keep returning to look at these trophy's again and again. Fantastic!!

Posts: 138 | Location: Dardanelle, Arkansas | Registered: 08 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Considering 19 - 100 lb eles --- this will never ever be duplicated.
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 926 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote