THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    This big Bull is going on the wall.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This big Bull is going on the wall.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
This Bull Dolphin may be a potential world line class record. Getting all the info to IFGA. Caught him on Saturday. Largest one of my career.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
45? 50?

Posts: 3831 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, catching a bull like that is a once in a lifetime event. I caught one in Key Largo in around 1982 that went just over 50 # on 20 # test. Will never forget that day !!

Posts: 1007 | Registered: 21 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
This Bull weighed 70 but it was on light dink leader so it could be a new world line weight record. Record is 79. This fish was 2 inches larger than records but we hooked a marlin just after we got in the box and did not plug gaff holes.

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
This Bull weighed 70 but it was on light dink leader so it could be a new world line weight record. Record is 79. This fish was 2 inches larger than records but we hooked a marlin just after we got in the box and did not plug gaff holes.

Wow, excellent! Congratulations. I didn’t realize Dorado could get quite that big.

Posts: 3831 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Caught where? Which Marina do you use?

Posts: 94 | Location: South Eastern PA | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Caught this North of the Big Rock on the 300 line in 90 fathoms.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic fish. Please post a pic when you receive the finished mount.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
do you book off shore trips or any saltwater trips at all. I did not see them on your site unless I did not look right

Posts: 553 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Yes. Running private through tournament season. Feel free to give me a call.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At 70 pounds, that fish is a bull. The head on him. Is the head bone hard?

Posts: 10585 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I caught a bull dorado off Isla Carmen just under 50 lbs on the Boga - using a 9 weight with 17 lb. leader. A huge thrill, but THAT bull is a beast! Congrats!

Posts: 872 | Location: S. E. Arizona | Registered: 01 February 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Yes. There has been a big migration of bull mahi this year off the Coast of NC. Several boats have been catching fish in the 50 pound range. Been a good season.

Captain Clark Purvis

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! nice fish tu2

Posts: 2349 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Awesome Fish!!!

Posts: 2316 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
That's a TOAD!

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 859 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Is this one of those regional name things?

Dorado (western USA)
Mahi Mahi Hawaii
Dolphin Eastern USA?

Hurricane Eastern USA and Japan
Cyclone Australia, SE Asia
Typhoon Western USA

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

Dorado (western USA)
Mahi Mahi Hawaii
Dolphin Eastern USA?

Typhoon Western USA

Might as well add Falusi - Tanzania/Kenya. Big Grin

Posts: 1863 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there is a guy on here that either him or his college buddy caught one that weighed at least 100 pounds and that is a lot of bull.

Posts: 3796 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:

Dorado (western USA)
Mahi Mahi Hawaii
Dolphin Eastern USA?

Typhoon Western USA

Used to be called dolphin, but restaurants changed the name because people thought they were eating Flipper.

Posts: 795 | Location: Vero Beach, Florida | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SpicyCrabDip
posted Hide Post
My goodness...I could only dream of catching a dolphin like that.

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
How did it turn out? Record? Mount? Sure enough leviathan for sure. We always call them Dolphin.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Caught a 5 footer that weighed around 37 lbs. Skinny. What's the length of that one? Looks huge even with tail bent. Congrats on a lifetime trophy!
FWIW - mine did not eat well. Was real fatty tasting.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Super Bull!

I’ll take a big bull dorado any day over a Sailfish.

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Great dorado. Interesting comment about plugging th gaff holes. What do you use?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote