Notify
Tools

World's Worst Trophy Room
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Mine !!!!

Ceilings are too low. Not big enough.

I like the buff horns and zebra rug. Impala is neutral. Water buck is too big for the room.

Its under lock and key so my vegetarian guest are not scared !!!! Also cause I store all my ammo there - I need more ammo!!!!

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,
It's your special place, filled with memories. You should be very proud.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it. You still have room for more critters. I've got low ceilings too and have come to the conclusion that euro or skull mounts are where it's at
Scott

Posts: 413 | Location: Ridgecrest,Ca | Registered: 02 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty nice to me.
I think I have you beat. We had dinner guests over a couple of years ago and the wife said, "You know what? It's starting to look like a lodge in here." Next day Mrs Blacktailer informed me that the mounts had to go elsewhere so I had to build a room in the barn. Frowner

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Add about a dozen more Plains Game head&shoulder mounts, about that many quality 11"x17" prints of you with the trophies, and a full body Leopard mount, and it would be just about right...

Rich
I will add that it is much easier for me to make these suggestions than to find the necessary $$$ to do the same thing to mine.

Blacktailer, got you there. When my wife came home from work about five years ago and saw that the boys and I had hung my Cape Buffalo about eyeball height on the living room, we had a similar conversation; albeit a bit one-sided.
That is when I got my budget request okay'ed for an addition to my gun room and got to move every thing out there. Add a lazy-boy leather recliner, and it works for me.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
its not crowded enough for my taste Big Grin

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike I love it...there's so much potential tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with that room. I like it. Cool

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could really improve the looks of that room by not hanging out with vegetarians. Big Grin

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're right. Not enough ammo. And there definitely is room for a lot more stuff. Go forth and produce more trophies! hilbily

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
You're right. Not enough ammo. And there definitely is room for a lot more stuff. Go forth and produce more trophies! hilbily

I have all my Europeans by my pool. People are very neutral to European mounts. Was at Restoration Hardware earlier today - they are selling manufactured impala European mounts. Costco is selling sheep skin rug by the crate.

I need more zebra skins - they make great rugs and gifts except they cost like 2K.

Anything too big takes up the room - like the waterbuck.

I will have a full mount lion coming in 6-12 months. Go where the TV is. Unless I don't want to move my ammo.

Another buff will become a European. I have a ton of stuff sitting in Botswana.

But my goal is to keep it less crowded.

Rick - I do need more ammo. I am seriously think of buying like a pallet load of ammo when this crisis ends - .223, 5.56, 30/06, 375H&H, 375 Ruger and lots of 22.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Come on men I am just finishing a room for
Life sized brown bear! That bear cost me
way too much after building a room for him. Hunting is really getting costly! yeeeeha let's go huntin'! Nice room Mike time to enjoy!

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Biddleman
posted Hide Post
I think that room looks good, plenty of room for the critters waiting in Botswana. I love to see trophy rooms that are just jammed packed, no matter the size. Hope to have one like that of my own someday.

Posts: 134 | Location: Wrightsville, PA | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, you didn't leave room for one of your Burkina Faso memories!!! :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK that elephant does it! Please post pics of your trophy room(s) with life sized jumbo's! No I do not but I have room for envy/jealousy and yes respect in my trophy room for those who post'em! May want to start a new thread as I do not want to hijack mike's.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

This is more like it

Posts: 266 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Biebs:

[/QUOTE

Jon, I finally get to see the picture you mentioned more than once when we were at Nixon's place in Malapati. Wink

Posts: 134 | Location: Cebu, Philippines | Registered: 08 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jess, this guy was my side-kick in the Caprivi...very friendly!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jess, this guy was my side-kick in the Caprivi...very friendly!

Very friendly till he squeezes the last drop of fanta out of you.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For sure!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Room looks great and clearly filled with many hours of memories that you will recall and enjoy for many years... beer

Posts: 282 | Location: TALLAHASSEE,FL | Registered: 08 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it, just bought a new house and I didn`t get that much room Frowner Now I have to argue to get some of it in the rest of the house, not easy!!

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice trophy room.Nice water buck.I would like to bag one some time.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Nice Room beer

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I remember Ruark bagging a record waterbuck in his book.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is my favorite room - my gun room. May get an impala head here but the walls will be filled with prints from Roland and photos of Anton.

These guns normally sit in few gun safes.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
There is nothing wrong with that trophy room at all. I should be proud to spend time in a place like that.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2313 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any trophy room regardless of size or ceiling height is better than never hunting. When you walk in that room and see those heads on the wall I hope you instantly think of the fun, hard work, travel time, practice shooting, and the whole experience of the hunt you had.
it's a ton bigger than my trophy room and you should be proud. Nice mounts and thanks for posting them.

Posts: 118 | Location: Utah | Registered: 25 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Need more "stuff". How about Zambia with Andrew in 2015?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Need more "stuff". How about Zambia with Andrew in 2015?

More hunting or more trophies/mounts Biebs ?

Mike

One of Us
Picture of BwanaCole
posted Hide Post
Best part of your room (not the trophies)...it does not have white walls!

I find most trophy rooms glaring. To me, trophy room walls should make the mount or horns stand out instead of overpower them. Just my tuppence worth.

Any trophy room beats no trophy room and yours is great. Well done.

H. Cole Stage III, FRGS
ISC(PJ), USN (Ret)

"You do not have a right to an opinion. An opinion should be the result of careful thought, not an excuse for it."

Harlan Ellison

" War is God's way to teach Americans geography." Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 378 | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, you're right! Your bookshelves are nearly EMPTY! Fix that! -WSJ

Posts: 300 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wsj:

I need to start buying 2 things

ammo

hunting books

I have keep book shelves a little empty in case i want to convert it back to my home office. Just need to move in a all in one mac and I am up and running.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been buying hunting, shooting, and reloading books for better than 40 years and never really figured I'd actually have any trophies from Africa to worry with. Now your trophy room makes mine look like what it was before it was the "gun room" - a garage/firewood room added on to the kitchen, which was added to the old house we live in after WWII! I could live with yours . . . Smiler-WSJ

Posts: 300 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mmassey338
posted Hide Post
Hang on, there's nothing wrong with that room and the great trophies you have on the way. You lost ANY chance at sympathy though when you showed us you also have a gun room.
They both look great!

Posts: 400 | Location: Here | Registered: 13 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
It's special to you and that means it is special.
Perfect office Mike.
Been thinking about displaying my guns and seeing yours, here we go. Good idea , I"ll be working on it right after hunting season is over and work slows down ( December )
They have been stuck in gun room.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

ammo

hunting books

I have keep book shelves a little empty in case i want to convert it back to my home office. Just need to move in a all in one mac and I am up and running.

Mike

Mike. Books display idea. I found couple of old oak lawyer bookcases and then incorporated some skulls ( predators ) and old and new hunting books and magazines in it.
I"ll take couple of pics and post them.

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

ammo

hunting books

Mike

Mike. Books display idea. I found couple of old oak lawyer bookcases and then incorporated some skulls ( predators ) and old and new hunting books and magazines in it.
I"ll take couple of pics and post them.

Lawyer book cases are very cool - I like the idea of a lion skull in one.

I need to start buying some hunting books.

I really like your elephant tusk.

I think I am going to make replica tusks to put in my trophy room.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Books are great , love old stuff.
On internet for sure but I still run into old books and magazines in second hand stores, antiques stores, garage sales ...
Lawyer book cases, probably more available in south and east coast, they are great for displays for sure.
Milan

“ Hávamál”