New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Room/Home Office
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been able to arrange and display most of my trophies in my home office and thought I'd post a few photos.

Posts: 355 | Location: Sandpoint, ID | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!
What’s the large skull below the red hartbeast?

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's the hippo skull. The large tusks are in the bookshelf unit so it looks a little funny without them. Still deciding what I want to do with those.

Posts: 355 | Location: Sandpoint, ID | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic room. Reall like the setup. Thanks for sharing!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems like you need a bigger house after your next trip Wink Kidding aside, really like it and especially the Timon and Pumba mount Smiler Betting there are some good memories in that room Smiler

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Three trips worth of African hunts. I am a little fond of my lion king tribute as well!

Jerry Huffaker did all the taxidermy except for the Elk (I had that done locally in Seattle). My wife provided a kilt for the vervet...

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
You have some great trophies and beautiful mounts. I think you need a larger room to display then in.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1631 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rob H:
Thanks! Three trips worth of African hunts. I am a little fond of my lion king tribute as well!

Jerry Huffaker did all the taxidermy except for the Elk (I had that done locally in Seattle). My wife provided a kilt for the vervet...

If Jerry made them, no wonder they look great Smiler

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone, the mounts were really crammed into our last place - it's nice to have some room to spread them out now!

Somehow this one did not get posted (shows the kilt on the vervet)

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a whole hippo skull as well; can't understand why so many bring only the teeth.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey!

I recognize some of those trophies. Glad to see how you did the croc. Looks great and it is the only practical way to mount one unless you have big bucks and a huge space for a life size.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The set up gives a fun and light feeling to it all. The taxidermy work is very nice, and the placement is clever. The greenery adds a great deal and softens the experience and makes it visually more intriguing. Very well done.
Thanks for posting the pictures

Posts: 29 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AZWriter, The hippo and Croc skull are high on my list of favorites! If I ever get an elephant, I will probably do a European on that as well.

Thanks for the feedback Goldsmith!

Mark, I have a mount of the croc as well - it just needs a little tweaking and I will get it posted. Thanks for coordinating the excellent hunt that produced about 1/2 of these trophies!

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Now that's a nice office.

~Ann

Posts: 19127 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
It would be hard to focus on work while thinking of all those memories.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do catch myself daydreaming from time to time...

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

…………………………………………………………………... old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of EddieWalker
posted Hide Post
Great looking office!!!

Posts: 129 | Location: Tyler, TX | Registered: 23 December 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My dad is downsizing a bit so I will soon need to find room for a few more!