Find
Notify
Tools

Montana trophy living/dining room
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted
Not a lot of room so living / dining room turned into trophy room/man cave so this had to do.
It's been ongoing process.

[URL=http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/boarkiller/media/trophyroom4_zps2a8fb5da.jpg.html] [/ url]

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ragsxd
posted Hide Post
awesome.

Posts: 53 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 29 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking room but be careful with putting your ivory in direct sun light. They will crack.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Thanks for good advice
I"ll put heavy curtain there in Summer

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I like it. What is supporting the tusks in the photo with the leopard?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Milan, very nice. I am a fan of the european mount. Glad to see you did that Leopard justice with a full mount. Would have hated to see that cat as a rug!

Posts: 6250 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBT:
I like it. What is supporting the tusks in the photo with the leopard?

Iron rods and foam

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Milan, very nice. I am a fan of the european mount. Glad to see you did that Leopard justice with a full mount. Would have hated to see that cat as a rug!

Thanks Wendell.
Just habit from Europe since I was kid.
And you are right about that cat.
That thing was 8'6". 96 kg, 17 7/8" skull
Trackers identified it as the male that never came to bait twice. Knew about him for about 4-5 years
We found female kill and sat on it and Bingo, big male came in.

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of ryry4
posted Hide Post
That is incredible. Very nice.

Posts: 170 | Location: Alberta, Canukistan. | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
All the Africa was on the budget with payments afterwards, being just a small contractor in Mt. I tell people, if I can do it, anyone can. Just a matter of how badly you want it.
Everything else is on my own and on foot
AAll my elk and other things are in garage.

No room in the house.

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Ghostbirds idea to show house settings.
I figured that adds to the trophy room persona as well.

No show off per say, just proud of living in Western Montana and proud of calling it home.
Milan.

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

I am envious.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Beautiful... what a setting!!!

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 2634 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff boarkiller!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Milan,

Nice spot! The interior to me anyway reflects your European background. I like it.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12842 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone
Nothing like home and all of us are always proud of our homes.
This is something I hope, thanks to Greybird that everyone who posts pics of their trophy rooms, will also post pics of their fortresses and countryside surrounding it.
We all can learn different ideas and maybe use some of them...
I have used and incorporated many ideas in last 50 + years for mine and still do.

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
[IMG]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t555/boarkiller/bookcase3_zps534b2015.jpg"> [/U[URL=http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/boarkiller/media/bookcase2_zpsd2143f4e.jpg.html] RL]MG]

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
Very nice, great spot to call home for sure. European touch is noticeable and well done, Waidmannsheil!

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
My new fireplace mantle

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Finished guest house

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done, Milan.
Where are Renee's trophies? Her's were quite big!!!!!

Posts: 10095 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
They are all in her house even mine
They were all pretty stinky so I'm still in process of cleaning them up
Also they were missing teeth and nose bones and such
Kinda sorry state they came in
Actually worst I've seen
Oh well
She can't wait to hang them up
Did you get yours?

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, Milan. I had forgotten the charm and beauty of your place and the whole valley. You have added some trophies since the double rifle shoot. Good show.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom
Coming to Libby this year?
I'll keep you posted on Libby and Hamilton
Finally got that damn bushpig last Summer with Charles at Infinito
Wish I had more time there as there were some bruisers but time was short and I got decent boar and that made me happy
First one so I wasn't gonna be picky

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Nice rooms, wife said that we'd be divorced before that much dead stuff was in her parts of the house.

We need to stock up on shrunks and cuckoo clocks before we leave here.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I hear you
Many of my friends wives say the same thing
My wife was OK with it as long as it didn't go to bedroom and kitchen
and used to give some of her friends flack for that
Good luck with cuckoo clocks but careful, many many reproductions that don't last plus you can find better deals here in Us on eBay
I have collected antique clocks for decades

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it,

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are those Montana Whitetails? Nice!

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
MT and Idaho
I live on the border, so it's easy to get tag and drive across border

“ Hávamál”