Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it lead if it takestime to melt?
 Login/Join

posted
Heloo all, As I was cleaning my reloading room 12-30-02 I was throwing Miscellaneous pieces of lead into a Lyman pot for later melting and cleaning. Many things were going in spent bullets from range backstop,pellets from 22 hornet exper.,straps for decoy weights,leftovers from melting sheet lead,wrinkled 14BHN rifle bullets,small pieces of lynotype, in a word everything. When I had finished cleaning I melted everything and was having, the what I thought was pure lead melting last. My question does this mean that what I thought was lead is'nt? [Confused]

Posts: 4 | Location: East Boulder Cnty CO,USA | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the purer the lead the higher the melting temp is. So what you experienced is normal

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
One of the nicer things is that if it's not lead, it probably won't melt, and it will probably float on top for easy removal

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote