New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Cast Boolits Down?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is the Cast Boolit forum down? Anyone else having this problem?

Joe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes it is. There are several forums hosted on the www.aimoo.com server and they are all having problems. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery!

Posts: 391 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been getting "connection failed" every time I tried to go to aimoo for 24 hours. Now, 1800 PST, I am getting the ominous "web site not found". 45 nut where are you? curmudgeon

Posts: 99 | Location: Livermore, CA, USA | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of scrounger
posted Hide Post
Yes. This site and that one take turns falling on their face. Long live Shooters...

Posts: 281 | Location: Between Death Valley & the Atomic Test Site | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Gents..
Here we are, as Scrounger pointed out it seems we are going into another round of the "drop the servers". [Mad] I am getting very weary of these episodes. I looked for a phone number when the main site was up and got nowhere. If there was somebody that could be contacted they sure didn't want us to know about it. I am on the outside looking in and wondering like the rest of you. You can bet they will be hearing plenty from me [Mad] Sorry guys. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
45nut,

When I sent my message to you earlier today, that ominous feelng of despair lay in my gut. What a letdown. I know how hard you worked to get a forum that centered around the poured projectile population.

Maybe we can find the culprits and pour a Silver Stream down one of their cavities.

My Best Regards,
Walltube

Posts: 6 | Location: Chalmette, Louisiana | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank You Sir.
Your kind thoughts are felt here and I do appreciate the gesture. [Razz] Only seeing Cast Boolits back up will ease my suffering....as well as the 160+ members signed up there that are also feeling the servers wrath..45nut

one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope you don,t mean down and out as in "they took the money and ran" or are we looking at a temporary server outage? ohshooter

Posts: 36 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
NOOOOOOOOOO I cant take this again.Shooters gone.Cast in trouble.NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I am having widthdrawel....
Help 45 nut help us.

Jim

Posts: 17 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
45nut, with all due respect, maybe it's about time that castpics runs its own forum, paid for at a reputable provider. In the time that castpics has been at its current location, its not been down that I know of. 'Course, money talks, you know the rest. I'm not taking anything away from the great work you've done. Maybe you would like to help manage our own paid for forum? sundog

Posts: 287 | Location: Koweta Mission, OK | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
Let's not sweat it....45nut, thanks very much for your dilligence. Shooter's went away 'cuz they had no advertising income (bizarre considering I tried several times to contact them to buy advertising....to no avail....very unusual considering that I get at least 10 calls a day from other advertising salespeople wanting to sell me some lame-ass rag or another). We don't have a liquidity problem, jus' a physical/technical one. 45nut, if the problem persists I'll go ahead and renew the Peestol Postal on this site. Again, our many thanks for your efforts!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeeze, and I thought it was just my local server. Hope it's back soon.

Posts: 43 | Location: St Lawrence Valley NY | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think maybe Aimoo is gone for good. I just got this message:

============================================

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make
sure that it is spelled correctly.
Open the home page, and then look for links to the
information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)

More information:
Microsoft Support

================================================

I guess enough of us contributed that they decided it was time to move on to other pursuits.

Posts: 300 | Location: W. New Mexico | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sundog...I think it's time to go independent on Castpics.

What's the bottom line on this? Let's see if we can get something going.

I'll help in any capacity I can including some $$$$./beagle

Posts: 234 | Location: Lexington, Ky,USA | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For those of us who contributed to Aimoo, it might be wise to frequently check your credit card/checking accounts to make sure there are no unauthorized payments being made.

It may be a needless waste of time, but I get paranoid about things like this. And, it doesn't take long to check your accounts online.

Posts: 300 | Location: W. New Mexico | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
Hold on jus' a minute.....I just got a "under construction" message with a "try again later" prompt.....I'd give 45nut another day to fix 'er......

Regards......

one of us
posted Hide Post
New message says they've been severely hacked, will be back online in approx. 4 hrs. & apologize for any inconvenience. Ron.D

Posts: 59 | Location: Barrie Ont. Can. | Registered: 20 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Guys,
It looks like Aimoo may be joining us again...New message

Big appologize for the inconveinence caused.

Aimoo was deadly hacked, the database was crashed. and we have been working on this for more than 49 hours. day and night.

The hacked server disk was delivered to us via Fedax last night, we are trying to recover the data now. we feel very very sorry for this event.

It would be take us another 4 hours. Thanks for your understanding.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lets hope ! Sundog..Lets see how they handle this...and stay in touch. !
I am with you guys and once I know for sure what is going to be happening we will proceed accordingly,,,whether with Aimoo or not..Cast Boolits will live on. 45nut

one of us
posted Hide Post
We are back up !

45nut

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just tried it and it looks like it's working again!!

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote