New
Find
Notify
Tools

475 group buy mold
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
figured some of you might be intersted in getting in on this http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=13202

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 475/480
posted Hide Post
BTT...
This is a Lee 6 cavity 400gr Keith mould.

Sean

Posts: 562 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I can't seem to log in over there, guess I forgot my password. Anyhow, I'm interested in one of the molds. Not that I need another 475 mold Big Grin

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Hey Paul, what is that first one on the left? It looks like it should be a great little plinker.
I have the 2 Lee molds, bought an extra 325 mold and milled the base off for a short 275gn boolit. I haven't shot it much, but it did seem decent.
I sent a check for one of the molds, I think it will be great. I have a 475 BFR and really like it. I do wish that Houge would make a Mono-Grip for it though. I bought one for a Ruger SBH, but it's not close enough to fit. I am thinking about dremmeling it out to fit.

Lar45

White Label Lube Co.
www.lsstuff.com
Carnauba Red high speed cast bullet lube.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
275 gr "Keith" SWC. For years I'd been thinking about scaling up the classic Keith SWC, and I finally had Mountain Moulds make me one. My hope was I'd get steller accuracy at 700 fps in the .480. Unfortunately I didn't achieve that goal. I have found a good load at 1000 fps with blue dot, as I recall 14 gr's, and it's still pretty mild.

What really chaps me is I had a custom 4 cavity ballisticast that dropped the 310 gr LFN that has disapeared. I was going to send it to someone to borrow, I don't recall ever shipping it, and I dunno what happened to the box. Not only would it cost a small fortune to replicate, it was the most accurate bullet I've shot from the 480. CRYBABY

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Decades ago H&G made moulds for the 475 Wildey. Never put the mould in their catalogue but. I don't know if Ballisti-Cast would have that cherry but you could ask them I suppose.

Posts: 116 | Location: flagstaff, arizona | Registered: 09 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got the 2-cavity NEI 325gr Keith-style SWC.
It shoots good in my 5" ported Taurus 480R.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote