New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mould wanted
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyoue have a Ideal or Lyman 311335 mould they would part with? thanks. SLW

Posts: 59 | Location: 15758 Butte Mt. Rd. Jackson CA. 95642 | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck. It took me over 5 years to find one. I'm still looking for a 311333 and 311331.

Posts: 210 | Location: Willamette Valley | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
if you want long range accuracy contace paul jones for this type bullet.. old molds can be poor quality, new molds can be poor quality.. a good mold maker can make the mold to .0005 oversize and you size it right on for best performance .. every .001 you size the bullet gives a 1 moa error in accuracy.. so a quality new mold made for your gun will be far better than a special hard to find mold in most cases.. a long bullet like that may take a special throat in a necked gun.. as you seat the bullet deeper the bullet goes into the case neck. this type of bullet could possible not have any grip on the bullet if everyting is set up wrong. .. if you want the bullet to bore ride inside the rifling a good mouldmaker will know the specs of the gun yhou have)(or be able to find outwhat it is whith instructions to you) and be able to make it correctly for the ddepth of rifling youve got.. a bore riding nose to large or too small will also hurt accuracy.. so take your time and get a good mold if it is important to have maximum accuracy.if your a mold collector, sorry for butting in... good luck dave..

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ffffg,
I find you comment interesting about every .001 you size a bullet you lose 1 MOA in accuracy. I have a 311334 that drops at .312 and I size it down to .310 for use in my 2 grrove 03. I can shoot 1" or less groups at 100 yds. Are you saying I could shoot 0" groups at 100 yds if I didn't size the bullets. I still don't understand how the bullet knows how it is sized, whether by the barrel or a sizing die to make that much difference in MOA. Of course I only shoot out to 200 yds max. So maybe it's a 600 yard thing. Mark

Posts: 210 | Location: Willamette Valley | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 311335 in stock, however I believe there is a box of moulds I picked up from a wholesaler a while back that I never put in the computer.
I will check tomorrow and post on this thread.

-Spencer