New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rummage sale find
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Went Rummageing today and got a great find. Found 2 Calipers made by Motutoyo. One was a Dial Caliper and one was a Digital Caliper. The digital had a dead battery so I did not know if it worked or not. They wanted 5 bucks for both of them I offered $2.50 and they said ok. Went and bought a battery and the digital works fine. Came home and looked them up on the net and the model numbers are off because I suppose these are a couple of years old but the CHEAPEST ones of this brand I could find were 75 bucks for the dial and 90 bucks for the digital. So I figured I came out like a bandit. Be great for my reloading measurements. I have a RCBS dial fiberglass one, but nice to have extras and the digital is nice to read. Jim

Posts: 5226 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
But will you have to learn to speak Japanese? ( Jus' kiddin'! great buy! Dale

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was supprised how pricey these were. I knew calipers can go from cheap to expensive but never thought they would cost this much.

Posts: 5226 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AIN'T GARAGE SALES FUN?? I LOVE TO GET GOOD STUFF LIKE THAT AT RUMMAGE AN GARAGE SALES..... THE BEST ONES ARE WHEN SOME DEVORCEE IS SELLIN OFF HER X-HUSABANDS STUFF AND HAS NO IDEA WHAT SHE HAS......GOOD FIND MAN.....