New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ranch Dog bullet molds
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone use one of the Ranch Dog 44 mag molds in a Marlin?
I know many of his molds were designed around the large throat and micro-groove rifling of Marlins. Don't know about the .44's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the 44 was designed for the marlins too.

he did design a few molds for the Rossi/Taurus made rifles, but they were not for public release.

Posts: 4954 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are any of the Ranch Dog molds available for sale now? I didn't get any back in the day, when they were being developed/made.

Thanks,
John

Posts: 126 | Location: Right here, for now! | Registered: 03 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a ranchdog mold for my 375 win. It's great!
The closest I've found is molds by Accurate Molds, or something like that. I still have not ordered one, but can't hold out much longer!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom [Accurate] can make them for sure and would be more likely to put a regular lube groove on them for you.

NOE should have the drawings now.[AL will occasionally make a small run of them, you'd have to contact him to see]

LEE for sure has all the original drawings and the go ahead to make the molds, but they choose not to.

Arsenal might have some of the drawings, and they'd make you a mold if they do.
I wouldn't hesitate to talk to Jared over there and see.
if he is interested I could talk to Michael [ranch dog] about him maybe having an extra set of drawings he could send over.

Posts: 4954 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Lamar for the extra info.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no problem.
I type back and forth with ranch dog about once a month, and helped him with the 375 Winchester design a little.