Find
Notify
Tools

.44 Mag lead bullets.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
To All;

I just picked up a S&W Model 329, Titanium .44 Magnum, 26 oz. 4".

I would like to load a 200 / 225 grain lead bullet with a wide/flat meplat and a gas check. I am not interested in making them.

I would like the load to run 1000-1200 fps.

Any information on where I might find such bullets as well as your load recommendations, would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Sam
eclemmons@hotmail.com

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Sam
If you can get the bullets sized .430 or .431 you won't need to have the gas checks, for those velocities. Another suggestion is get a fire lapping kit to lap out the section of the barrel that passes thru the frame, you will remove the second largest contributer to leading. The first contibuter is under sized bullets .429.
Check your chamber throats for size and get the bullets that size or one 1/1000th larger.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Any information on where I might find such bullets as well as your load recommendations," Big Sam

Sam,
Take a look at www.beartoothbullets.com, never shot any myself, I do make my own, but from all reports Marshall does an excellent job, and LOTS of good info for loads, and firelapping, should it prove necessary.
Cheers,
R*2
Ps. One of those lightweights ehhhhh, wow, quite a handfull with a full house load I'm told.

Posts: 129 | Location: NorthEast | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote