Find
Notify
Tools

Price of Lead
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted
Found a guy advertising 20lbs of WW lead that has been poured into 1 pound ingots for $40 free shipping.Deal?

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 603 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good deal for him, not so good for you.

try www.castbullets.com and check the classifieds. Going rate seems to be about a buck a pound there.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
Yea, the more I got to thinking about it the worse it sounded.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 603 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM me when you get a minute...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rotometals is having a sale this weekend, $20 off when you spend $150 plues free shipping. They have a variety of alloys and at least you know what you're buying.

Posts: 986 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am lucky. A nearby shop swages bullets. I get the "weeps" for spot lead price. Pencil thin 1" long strands that are extruded out the end of the forming die. 97% lead, 3% antimony.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
It does help when one knows the products origin. Can save a consumer money. Here's a couple of examples. Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) is the composite of nail polish remover. A few bucks by the gallon but a fortune by the ounces In my business I buy my chemicals by the carboy..A well know name that deals in leather products has their own brand of glue. It is formica cement,same story.A pittance for a pint,a fortune for a gallon.Great profit for the corp. at the exspense of the American public.O.K. off my soap box now.It is still true though.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
@Idaho Sharpshooter

I sent you a PM.

Posts: 319 | Location: SW Idaho, USA | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you are confused.
You forget the cost of packaging and shipping.

Beer is a good example. The aluminum can costs more than the beer. Essentially beer companies are companies that produce cans at the lowest price.

quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
It does help when one knows the products origin. Can save a consumer money. Here's a couple of examples. Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) is the composite of nail polish remover. A few bucks by the gallon but a fortune by the ounces In my business I buy my chemicals by the carboy..A well know name that deals in leather products has their own brand of glue. It is formica cement,same story.A pittance for a pint,a fortune for a gallon.Great profit for the corp. at the exspense of the American public.O.K. off my soap box now.It is still true though.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rotometals is the place to go. Your P.O. carrier will hate them as they use Priority Mail flat rate boxes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by metalbeater:
Rotometals is the place to go. Your P.O. carrier will hate them as they use Priority Mail flat rate boxes.

metalbeater=Larry Root, troll of the 1st magnitude, busted again. Give it up, Larry, give it up, it ain't workin' for you anymore.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of 358156hp
posted Hide Post
You can often find range scrap or even clip on WW metal already cleaned and cast into ingots for around a buck a pound shipped, if you order enough. Medium flat rate boxes are only around $12.35 or so, and most guys eat that cost if you buy enough metal.

one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
If you don't live on the left coast, you can find a few tire shops that will save wheel weights for you...it only takes some asking and driving.

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 592 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote