New
Find
Notify
Tools

C358-180-RF in the .357 Max
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It was worth the wait. My mould got in Tuesday and I was casting Tuesday evening. The bullets were waterquenched after casting from WW+2%tin+one catfood can of birdshot to the 20 pound pot full.

I crimped and lubed with FWFL in a .360 sizer to avoid any softening. First trials were with WC-820 and were pretty mediocore until I worked up to 19.0 grains. That gave me three five shot 50 yard groups in the 1-1 /14" range. All three groups contained much tighter four shot clusters so there may be some room for improvement.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
What sort of velocities are you getting?

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Haven't chronied yet, but it's up in the "plenty for deer" range. I'll post when I have chronied and fiddled a bit. This is my first go with WC-820 and one of the things I wanna do is a direct comparison with H-110.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote