Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Whisper load data
 Login/Join

posted
My shooting these big bullets will be just for fun. I've emailed the guys at Leadheads for info on loads used in the Whisper that were posted in their Testimonial area. They have "13.5gr VV N120, WWSR primer and Leadheads 30-200" listed. The email I received from them listed VV120 at 14.5 grains for 1400 fps, WWSR primer, 30-200. These both sound like a good place to start also. Any difference you can think of in the N120 and N110, other than burn rate? And is this the same gas-checked bullets you are going to be using? Thanks for sharing the info.

Posts: 9 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 07 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dino32HR
posted Hide Post
Killa,

1) I have no experience with Vit N-120, so I can't answer your question on that, sorry.

2) The bullets I am going to use are the 208 grain, .309 dia. gas checks. The 30-200's you refer to are .311 - .312 dia. If you have slugged your barrel and found these to be more appropriate, they should be the ones !

I am WEEKS away from loading-up my first .300 Whisper round. I have a lot to do to the brass and my work and home life demand mucho amounts of time.

I will be starting with the N-110, may fool around with H4227 too.

Posts: 243 | Location: Northeast OH | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote