Find
Notify
Tools

>338 Moulds
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
Is anyone using heavy cast bullets in .338 or .339? What weights are available? Thanks PAK

one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried out the Lee 220 mold, and didn't have a lot of luck. This was because of the twist in my Model 70. I also changed the nose profile, bringing the weight up to 237 or so, with a larger meplate. These were somewhat more accurate at low velocity, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them on deer.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I'm looking still for any .33 WCF shooters. That is where these cast bullets will be launched from. 220 gr and up sound good but must have a flat or large meplat on the nose. Not a lot of velocity here. Just honest bullet placement and hopefully complete penetration from a wide flat nose. Thanks for your data Waksupi. [Cool] Pak

one of us
posted Hide Post
packrattusnongratus -- Tried to respond to your PM's, but your profile isn't accepting PM's. Send me a note at dneill@excite.com and we can talk about the 99-358 and the .444. Shipping to KC won't be all that much, even from AK. I'd definitely talk about a package deal if you are interested in both.

Posts: 119 | Location: Ketchikan, AK USA | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mt Baldy Bullets Has a 240 gr LBT LWN for .338 shooters. www.mtbaldybullets.com

Posts: 280 | Location: SARASOTA , FL. | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote