New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted: RCBS mold handles...
 Login/Join

<BMG>
posted
I'm looking for a pair of used/new RCBS bullet mold handles for a NEI bullet mold (.587" 1150gr mold). Before I buy a new set of handles I thought I'd try here in case someone had an extra set they were willing to part with. Thanks.

ps. NEI said that Lyman handles wouldn't work, only RCBS. Is that true or are they just trying to sell RCBS stuff?

pss. Shoot me an e-mail if you have a set of handles to sell, thanks. oxensales@uscorp.net

[ 08-14-2002, 02:33: Message edited by: BMG ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMG:
I'm looking for a pair of used/new RCBS bullet mold handles for a NEI bullet mold (.587" 1150gr mold). Before I buy a new set of handles I thought I'd try here in case someone had an extra set they were willing to part with. Thanks.

ps. NEI said that Lyman handles wouldn't work, only RCBS. Is that true or are they just trying to sell RCBS stuff?

pss. Shoot me an e-mail if you have a set of handles to sell, thanks. oxensales@uscorp.net

BMG: A set of Lie-man's won't work, but a set of Lee might. Would depend on if the screw hole would match up and allow enough free movement so the bullet would drop properly. No matter the thin blade of the Lee-- block that to one side and fill that gap with your alloy. If done correctly, makes for a nice fitting and working mold.

I do not have RCBS handles either. I have a set of Lachmiller which are similar to the Lee's, blade thickness is too thin to match as cut. I've used the alloy fill trick for yrs and yrs. And my molds' pins show almost no wear.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote