New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lee tumble lube bullets?
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul H
posted
A buddy is considering getting a lee 240 gr tumble lube mold for a new 44, but is concerned about how well they shoot. If any one has any experience with these bullets, good or bad, lemme know.

TIA

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That makes two of us.

I've used Lee tumble lube moulds in .32 amd .38 WC for years and have been satisfied. I don't like having to clean off the lube on the exposed portion of the bullet or use tight fitting plastic boxes, but I can live with that.

I've stayed away from the other TL bullet designs because I like a wide rear driving band on bullets I am going to drive hard. The narrow TL bands look like an invitation to flamecutting.

Nevertheless, Lee surplused some .410 210 grain 6 cavity moulds at a very attractive price, and I have one on order. We'll see how they do. I'm mostly interested in plinkers at 800 fps or so and expect to get that. Whether they will take being pushed to 1400 fps is another question entirely.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Lee .410 210 grain SWC got in today and I am casting away. Shooting report in a few days.

That rear driving band is a little wider than it looks in the pictures, but it still looks mighty narrow to me.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote