New
Find
Notify
Tools

Welcome!
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul H
posted
I'd like to say welcome to all the Shooters.com cast boolit refugee's. I guess you got my (458 Lott) invite, as well as Aladin's.

I took last week off for the holidays, and am trying to catch up on e-mail and posts. I am glad to see so many posts here.

As far as my title as moderator, don't take it seriously, I don't. I just happened to suggest a cast bullet forum to Saeed, he created it, and put my name in the blank. I don't delete or edit objectionable posts. We simply expect others to show basic manners and not personally attack others.

I'm just a boolit caster like the rest of us, I cast primarily .358" for pistols and rifles, .452" for friends pistols, .475" for my peestole, and have a .512" mold I've been waiting to use for a 500 Jeffrey I've been waiting to recieve. Oh yeah, I'm also waiting on a pair of the 6.5 molds to try out in the wifes mdl 96.

If folks are interested in the history of Accuratereloading, often referred to as AR, then go to the Africa forum, as there is a thread about it there. A short synopsis would be that Saeed our gracious host is a passionate African hunter, and gun tinkerer, as well as a practical joker. He lives in the Emirate of Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates, has an indoor 100 yd range, as well as a shop where he re-barrels, reloads, and does general gun tinkering. He also has some interesting pets, alligators, cheetahs, and some other exotic animals.

Anyhow, on behalf of Saeed, I would like to welcome all of you here to enjoy these fine forums.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paul, I think it is very kind of you to post such a welcome.
It appears "the powers to be" are still making an effort to save shooters.com....at least that's the impression I get from their new headings.
On the other hand, it may very well be too late. Seems folks started scattering a few weeks back and we all know it's hard to "keep'em down on the farm once they've seen big City Lights". I personally feel that "shooter's.com", as we once knew it, is gone. I hope not! But I think it may be.
Again, Thanks. I'm not that much of a "poster" but lurk around a bit and will answer something I feel I can have a positive input to. Or, I'll ask a question or three...I do seem pretty good at that.
Respectfully, Russ

Posts: 65 | Location: Washington State, Columbia Basin | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, Paul,
I gotta question fer ya -
On the list of boards there's an "Accurate Reloading Book". How come it's a "closed shop"? I tried gittin' in just to have a look an' ya' gotta' have a password. What's up with that? [Confused]

Puncher

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Puncher:
Hey, Paul,
I gotta question fer ya -
On the list of boards there's an "Accurate Reloading Book". How come it's a "closed shop"? I tried gittin' in just to have a look an' ya' gotta' have a password. What's up with that? [Confused]

Puncher

Nothing secrect going on [Big Grin] There was plans to put out an African Hunting book, with articles written by members from AR. That forum was a location for contributing members to place their chapters of the book. Unfortunately, it looks like it was a good idea, but the reality of it happening doesn't seem so likely. As I recall, the most recent post in that forum was back in May.

I think the best sign of how little moderated AR forums are, is the moderators only forum has 0 posts. No backdoors bantering like some hunting sights.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote