Find
Notify
Tools

C358-180-RF molds are in.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted
Hi all, the big brown truck dropped of 3 large boxes from LEE today. I pulled one out of the first box, cleaned and smoked it and cast a small pile. I took some pics, but I can't seem to get to the file manager for my web page.

Once the mold heated up the bullets started falling out okay. They still needed a couple of taps from my sprue plate wacking stick on the handle hinge. Maybe I'll do the magnifying glass thing and see if there are any burs on it. They measure .712" long, the bands from bottom to top are .358 .358 .357. This may vary from mold to mold. The weight is 181gns as cast. That turned out pretty close. I tried a Hornady 35 cal gascheck and it snapped on the base fine. It wouldn't fall off, but you could still take it off if you wanted to.

I'll be filling out shipping labels tonight and will start sending them out tommorrow.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sweet lookin lil bullet Lar45, Got a buddy who got in on the deal and cant wait to see how they shoot thru his sixguns. Good job!!.

Jim

Posts: 36 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome ! I was just about to ask for an update... can't wait to try'em out.

Ian

Posts: 294 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 09 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So Cool! (as the kids would say!) You are a scholar and a gentleman( There aren't many of us left! LOL) Standing here on 1 leg ( This means I am anxiously waiting!) Dale

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be checking the mail every day!!!!

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hiya Lars et all,
Haven't checked this out in AGESSSSSSS, lemme me know please if you got any of them 180RF moulds extra. The 158RF is one of my favorites, and a C358 at 180 would be just the ticket for the "new" Marlin 336ER in 356Win I managed to pick up a coupla months ago.
Cheers!
R*2
Ps. Any of you boolit makers out there got a spare 348 mould lurking?????? My most recent acquisition, a Winchester Model 71, has the dies and a box of condoms on order, no moulds yet though,,,{Red Face(.
Thnx again!

Posts: 129 | Location: NorthEast | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Hello R2, how's life in the 1000 lakes? It's been awhile since I've heard from you. Hope everything is going as well as can be. The order started out at 25, then got bumped to 35, then to 45, then LEE asked that I not add any more as it was messing with their regular production schedule. So we had 45 orders and a couple of people on the hopefull list already. I got 2 molds for me, but as fast as the 6 cav's turn out the molds, I'm thinking of passing my extra one on. I'll have to check to see who responded first.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glenn,
Languishing in Lancaster PA at the moment, with the summer humidity starting to set in. But guns are cheap here in this part of the world, and been spending waaaaaaay too much money on platforms. Gotta' settle down and start shootin', and loading for what I got.
You got me goin' on big bore handguns though, I'm waitin' for a 454 Casull to pop up one of these days at the right price, {Red Face). That and I'm having a LOT of fun with a CZ52, a Ruger in 30 Carbine and an old Star in 9mm Largo.
And for you Marlin fans out there, an ORIGINAL 1895 in 40-65 came across my trigger finger on Sunday night. The owner wouldn't consider a trade for my 25-20, but I sure could make the spinner downrange do whirligigs with the old girl.
Lemme know on the C358-180, 35 cal is still my caliber of choice, just been 'sperimentin' with a buncha' STUFF! Keep shootin' folks!
Cheers!
R*2

Posts: 129 | Location: NorthEast | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote