New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom sizing dies
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there anyone that makes custom sizing dies. I need a .432 for 44mag. And probably. 360 for 357

Posts: 55 | Location: southern il | Registered: 05 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you had a star you could just call magma and order what you want.
for a lyman or lee push through type.
go over to cast boolits, go in their VS section and look for a guy called Lathesmith, he will make what you want.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee will make custom sizes at a reasonable price. I have a half dozen or so. You just have to call them and ask for what you want.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a few guys on the Castboolits site that make them. I had some oddball sizes made by someone on that site years ago and quality and price were fine. Can't remember his handle though.

FYI Lyman list a 0.360" sizing die.

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just take the closest smaller Lee and polish it out to what you need.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Are you going to use them in a Star, RCBS or Lyman.
Then just order the dies.

Lee makes or will make about anything you want.

Buckshot is likely the guy on the cast boolits site that made the custom sizing die.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TCLouis:
Buckshot is likely the guy on the cast boolits site that made the custom sizing die.

Yes, it was him. An absolute pleasure to deal with too.

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He made a sizing die for me and his work and service was perfect.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Recently ordered a custom push through sizer from Lee. You can order them right off the website and it came in about 10 days, works like a charm.

Posts: 748 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gundog 64, Good to know. Thanks.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of res45
posted Hide Post
NOE, Get the Sizing die body. Then purchase separate interchangeable sizing die bushing for either rifle or pistol.

Just select the caliber below the die body and there is a list of different diameters of bushing. Body bushing are for sizing the entire dia. of the bullet where as nose bushing are for just sizing the nose portion of the bullet as in bore rider designs.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/i...dfsj5ll29egnv340p916

Posts: 35 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 September 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
S&S Firearms make custom Lyman/RCBS style sizing dies.Cost is $38.00.