N140 35gr.
N120 27 gr.
Rl7 30 gr.

These loads give around 2100 fps.

Posts: 157 | Location: england | Registered: 03 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

In my 308W and 30BR I have had good results with the Lyman or Ideal moulds that #s end in 299 and start with 308,311, and 314. Have some of each and sizes and quality vary with time of manufacture. With the new ones showing the most tool marks. Have a 311 of 04 make that has one cavity correct size and the other ,oo5 under. Jerry

I've noticed lately that Lyman's mold quality has gone sharply down hill. I have better luck with used ones I find at gun shows. I've even seen some faux pas from RCBS. I ordered two molds for my .375 H&H that have the same number. One mold casts a beautiful bullet at .379" and has deep lube grooves. The other cast a .376" bullet and has very shallow lube grooves and doesn't shoot worth squat. Another RCBS mold for my 7MM mauser said the bullet was #7mm-168-SP, but it sure as hell did not look like the picture in the book or on the box. Probably was somebody's special order that did not work out. Shoots decently though. Oh well, I have more molds than I know what to do with anyway. Still, I'm always on the lookout for ones I don't have. Guess you could call it my auxillary collection.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote