THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Tried Molly Coating Cast Lead Bullets??
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Just wondering.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Just wondering.

I rolled some 22 LR in moly grease for awhile, shot them in a Marlin 60 as an accuracy experiment. I think it may have helped a little.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14362 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe (could be wrong) that some of the powder coatings used for lead bullets contain molly. The NRA handbook on casting has some info on using molly based grease for bullet lube.
C.G.B.

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I played with Moly with my 45 colt 250 grain cast. This was spray on moly. As long as your barrel is lapped and the cylinder mouths uniform and larger then the barrels forcing cone you'll be fine. It's more expensive then using any of the current available lubes,

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote