New
Find
Notify
Tools

WC860 milsurp in '06s
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For those that use this powder, here's an observation.
Federal cases
Rem. 150 gr. PSP bullets
Case full to mouth - 67 grains.

This charge bulged the first case I loaded. I had to cut back to 65 grains to facilitate seating without bulging.

Puncher

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
What kind of results did you get at the range? Velocity, Pressure, accuracy? I have an 8# jug of IMR5010 that should be similar, they didn't have the 860 when I ordered.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lar,
I just loaded 20 of these loads last night. I use them for "warm-up" rounds for a friend. I'm developing a load for him and shooting a little prior to the actual test settles him. Kinda' like a shot o' whiskey!

I'm going to clock these loads, so I'll post results.

Puncher

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Using Lyman #311291 and 60.0 grains of WC-860 in the 30-06, Buckshot clocked my loads right around 2200 FPS from the M-70. 60.0 grains filled the case to the base of the neck, and they shot pretty well. They are worth a second try.

A couple nights ago I loaded 50 of the NEI 100 grain spire points into 250 Savage cases, 39.0 grains of WC-860 filling cases to the base of the neck. That will be my next stunt with poured projectiles and cheep powder.

Deputy Al

Posts: 299 | Location: Yucaipa CA | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote