Find
Notify
Tools

First Timer--Refugee from AllVertical
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Trk,
I did get the yahoo thingie figgered out. I don't think I like it, but I don't like working either. I'd much rather be developing new loads.

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
A refugee also although I mainly lurked on the cast board, Here now and will probably post if school time allows. Hi "Ben" if you make it here.
I learned alot from many of you that came from AV and I look forward to one day posting myself for others to learn like I have from the Estimados Senores that were at shooter.

Posts: 4 | Location: East Boulder Cnty CO,USA | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
<blackknight>
posted
I have never introduced myself to the board so will do so now. I am 67 years old and have been shooting since I was a kid. Went into the Air Force after high school and served almost 3 years with a high altitude reconnaissance squadron in the 50's called the Black Knight Squadron from which I took my handle. Lets me troll as I surf the net. Graduated from Purdue and worked for American Airlines for 36+ years. Have been casting since '60, mostly to shoot mil surplus and for the last 8 years have competed in the black powder cartrige silhouette matches. Shot the military bolt action matches for a couple years before my eyes wouldn't take the open sights any more. I am now putting scopes (B Square Mounts) on the rifles I like most and plan to keep shooting till something else I can't get along without quits. Will miss the Shooters.Com but as another poster said "Everything has a start and it will also end", but it is sad. Reminds me of the Joads in the Grapes of Wrath as they were loading up the truck before the bulldozer came.

one of us
posted Hide Post
HA! Y'all tried to hide from me, but I found ya anyway! Ya gotta hide better than this to keep me from findin' ya.

Looks a bit more active here than at Baitshop, eh?

grumble

Posts: 300 | Location: W. New Mexico | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Got tired of treading water after sinking of A/V.Glad to see all the names coming over. A little about me.Been casting for 25 years.Shoot
comp with Civil War weapons..69 RB,.69 and .58 minnes Sharps paper,Smith,44-40 Henry with black,45/70
Just started with casting for mil-surps.30-40 and 7.92.I just can't get over no smoke.I don't know if that smokeless stuff will catch on.
Cheers. Jim

Posts: 17 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
I was a frequent lurker (and infrequent poster) at AllVertical. I've long been a member here, and I'm pleased to see the Cast bullet forum here becoming more active!

It seems introductions are the order of the day, so here is mine.

I'm a university professor, and I've been loading for over 25 years. However, I've been casting for only the past 12 or so. � load cast bullets in my 7mm Rem mag, my .358 Norma Mag, and my .375 H&H Magnum. I know, I know! All overbore and not ideal for cast bullets! :-)

Bullet casters are as rare as hen's teeth here in Sweden, so the internet is my main contact with other casters.

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 475/480
posted Hide Post
waksupi,checked over at shooters they do have a ton of good info ,thanks sean [Big Grin]

[ 12-29-2002, 17:14: Message edited by: 475/480 ]

Posts: 562 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I made it over here from all vertical too. Looks like a nice cast bullet forum with more than a few familiar posters. Hi everyone and Happy New Year.

Posts: 39 | Location: Caribou, Maine | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
As you guys can tell, my sign on number is quite old. Yes, I've been here, but visit about once every six months. I hate these icons! ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grumble, Felix!! Man, am I glad to see you guys! Just like Phillips, "Gettin' better all the time"!

Puncher

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Still lookin' for Carpetman. New moniker?

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
<JRR>
posted
Hello guys,
I post only occasionally, but have been an avid reader at shooters.com. Looking forward to my ongoing adult education.
Thanks,
Jeff

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by felix:
As you guys can tell, my sign on number is quite old. Yes, I've been here, but visit about once every six months. I hate these icons! ... felix

Hi Felix. Have to agree on icons-- but so much of the computer stuff is icon orientated I suspect that's the thang.

No ads here... No pop up garbage... List owner is an avid shooter... And he's very responsive to e's sent his way.

I'd be interested as to what you and the boys are shooten these days.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Another refugee from AllVertical cast bbs!
Phil

Posts: 1 | Location: AZ | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Just came over from shooters also. Good to see you boys. Don't post much as I'm fairly ignorant about castboolits. Sure did learn a lot on shooters. Most impressive list I was on since the OLD Fullbore list went down. Lots of smart people out there. Guy

Posts: 5 | Location: Garber Oklahoma | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
might as well make it official, too.... I signed up a few days ago... been visiting this site to look at the videos, never had been on the boards. I'm impressed! I cast for the 7.62x54, 375 Win, 22 K-Hornet, the 6.5 Swede, as soon as Oldfeller gets the mold sent my way.. several pistol calibers... and hope to have my first 35 Whelen mold soon... Haven't taken any big game with cast "boolits" yet, but am holding out hope for one more trip to the deer lease before the season ends... maybe the 375 can start me out... Thanks again for welcoming all us "refugees"....

Posts: 323 | Location: N.Central Texas | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another All Vertical refugee here.
Actually wandered in from another direction rather than in response to the invitation, but it looks downright friendly in here.
I'm still in Lurk&Learn mode; haven't done any casting yet, but I've loaded up more than a few pounds of commercial CBs over the past 10 or so years. Looks like I've got a whole new set of archives to go through when I'm done with the A/V CB board.
Hope I can start asking y'all some questions soon!
LostCajun

Posts: 47 | Location: Gretna, LA | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I am another alll-vertical refugee.I read a lot and post a little. I hope that the same kind of dialog can take place here as there was there. I have cast for 45 and 35. Right now I can't cast for anything since I am back in the village in AK. I don't have any casting supplies at all and the cost of shipping lead is prohibitive. I am still shooting cast but it is commercial. Casting will have to wait until summerfor now, but I hope to get some supplies shipped out by barge for next year. In the meantime I can stock up on molds and other stuff.
Ken

Posts: 39 | Location: Pilot Station AK | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well, finally joined the exodus from the sinking ship at All Vertical. I'm glad to see so many familiar names here, kinda like moving to a new town and finding that a lot of your friends did too. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I learned a lot from you guys at Shooters.com and I hope that will continue here. Jake6

Posts: 5 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 12 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too am an "almost refugee" from Shooters Talk's Cast Bullet Board. I say almost because our worst fears about the loss of the CB room have not yet been realized (thankfully!). Btw, I'm known there as "Maven" and I'm glad to be here.

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boondocker
posted Hide Post
Well I am a TFL refugee new to this board also and I have been casting for about 4 yrs now. Just for 357 and 9mm. I just started casting 45acp this weekend. Some 200swc Lee microgrove to start with. Anyway I am just a 45 yr old auto tech for a phone company that loves all aspects of the shooting sports. Now all you AV guys show up and got me itching to get into these rifle and miltary stuff shooting cast. Boy is my wife gonna be mad at you all.If she gets on here and hollers you all better duck lol. Oh well she runs my 550b pretty smooth and doesnt leave me much to do darn it. Any how welcome aboard from another new guy. Boon

Posts: 647 | Location: Pa | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
<cmm>
posted
guycromwell;

Say hello to my son-in-law, Terry Cinnamon, and my daughter Sandy down there in Garber. C Mulhair, Niobrara, Nebraska