New
Find
Notify
Tools

.41 mould interest
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know that Vance is itching for a decent bullet for his .41 Mag Marlin. Given the difficulty of getting .41 GCs, is there sufficient interest for a group buy of a scaled up C358-180-RF or a scaled down C430-315-RF?

Here's what we are looking at:

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A good 220 to 240 gr plain based bullet at .411" to .412" would be a very good bullet for the 41 mag. It's one of my favorites. I don't particularly like gaschecks for this caliber. I have several heavy bullets in the 260 to 300 gr. range and they are to heavy for the 41 mag, but work fine in the bigger rifle calibers. The Marlin FG's bore is about .411" as are some of the Rugers. The wide meplat is ok if less than or equal to 75% diameter also. If you could come up with something like this, I would be very interested.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I prefer a swc dont know how it would feed in a rifle but the ballistic cast 230swcpb is the flat most accurate .41 bullet ive found in about 7 different handguns. Another good bullet if you dont mind the gc is the lbt lfn 250 As far as custom molds youll not find a better place to get one then mountain molds dan will cut you a mold of your own design for not much more then a lyman or rcbs mold and do it in a couple weeks.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote