New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moly lube
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is anyone using moly lube on cast handgun bullets? I bought some to try on rife bullets and didn't see enough results to be worth the hassle. Now I have a lubrisizer full of the stuff, so I thought I would use it up on 38 cal 150 gr Lee roundnoses. Does anyone find any clear benefits in it? If I start using it in a S&W M19 am I going to be kicking myself when I go back to alox? I heard that you don't want to be switching back and forth.

What I have against it is it's low viscocity. It tries to get by the "O" rings on my lubrisizer, and gets between the bullet base and the base punch, so I will have to wipe all my bullet bases before I load them.

Posts: 247 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TCLouis,
I wouldn't put that burden on you. I'll burn those tubs up a little at a time. Summer is my casting and shooting season.
I also use the 429421. I bought it cause I decided I could get by without a GC on my 44 bullets, and I found that to be true, even out of my 10" contender.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Use up that moly and forget about alox. Go to Felix lube and you will never go back to the junk. I have a drawer full of various lubes and they will be in that drawer when I die! Mr. Felix cured me from lubaholics and I drink to him after each shooting session.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Max503
The Felix lube is worthless and if you have not gummed up your sizer with it yet send the two tubs of it to me and I will distroy it for you.
Just to save you from it you understand.

I have got to where I like my 429421 less because it uses so much lube and I only have two tubs of Felix lube my own self.

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote