New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beartooth???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I haven't been able to get in touch with Beartooth bullets by e-mail or by phone for the past few weeks. Their phone rings 7-8 times then switches to an automated system message but not the typical leave your name an number bit.

Has anyone communicated ith them recently?

Eric

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered some bullets from them on line, and when I asked about delivery they said they had a 20 week backlog. I cancelled the order.

Posts: 388 | Location: NW Oregon | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been looking at Montana Bullet Works as a possible source but I haven't been able to do anything with Beartooth to determine backlog or cancel. No response via e-mail and no means to communicate over the phone.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MBM is for sale due to the owners medical /surgical problems. Beartooth is open, but way behind in its production. I ordered from Beartooth in June or early July. I am waiting on my bullets. He makes good bullets and is very knowledgeable about cast.
I hate to say it, but I ordered from 2 other sources to get what I needed .

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is it you're looking for? I have a bunch of .44 and .45 Keith bullets that Lynn Halstead of Dry Creek cast for me several years ago before he closed up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am looking for 100 or so 350gr. 0.459 diameter, hard cast and preferably gas checked bullets.

I ordered mine from Beartooth in early July. I understand delays but they do not answer emails, don't pick up the phone and their system will not accept messages

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I wish I could help you out but all of mine are cast at .452" for .45 Colt and .454 Casull.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help and info offered

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Late yesterday afternoon I finally received an e-mail from Beartooth. Of course this is after I placed on order with Rimrock (Tuesday) and after Rimrock sent me a USPS tracking number.

Beartooth is swamped and working hard to catch up. They are currently filling orders from March and April.

I like Beartooth bullets and will probably order fro them in the future albeit with a substantial lead time to get the bullets before I "need" them.

Eric

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I like Beartooth as well, but Marshall does get waaay behind from time to time.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My order from 6/18/2014 arrived today !

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's good to hear. I hope they get caught up. I also hope that someone is able to pick up MBW and get them back on line.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE