New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heavy 475 cast bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What are some of the heaviest hard cast for the .475 Linebaugh...??? Seems 440 gr. is the heaviest I have found. Wondering if there are heavier available.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 309 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any information..........????

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still.....no information available.

one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
As the Linebaugh shoots the same diameter bullet as a .470 Nitro Express, I am certain ACCURATE MOULDS can set you up. I have one of their 48-495 setups and it casts nicely with a .476 diameter. Here is a link: https://www.accuratemolds.com/...l.php?bullet=48-495N

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 592 | Location: Algona, WA | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You, I appreciate the help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have some 560 gr flat point and some 540 gr with a very small flat point, came from Jason Joy in Cumberland, WV. Don"t know if still available, or if still in business. Here is contact info:

jasonjoy577@yahoo.com
1-304-491-9538

Hope it helps...

Karl Evans

Posts: 2709 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
The bullet on the right is a 460 gr. It was a custom mold I had built by Ballisticast. I used it in my 480 and loaded it to 1100 fps.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You must have wrists of steel. I use a 395 gr mould made by accurate in my Linebaugh. She's all I can handle. I can say that the slug cast out of Wheel Weights and Water dropped will end up somewhere north of 3 counties over before she stops. Have literally punched straight through 3 hogs in a line with it. Never recovered a slug and I dont push max with the gun.