New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mould handles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can someone tell me if Lyman mould handles for either the four cavity or large two cavity moulds fit a five cavity Saeco mould?

Posts: 27 | Location: Speedway Indiana | Registered: 27 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Speedwayrobert
I've got 6, or so, four cavity Lyman molds and a like number of Saeco 4 cavity molds. I've never tried to make old style Lyman mold handles fit Saeco mold blocks. I think the old style Lyman handles are too thin.
I'm not sure if the new style Lyman handles will work, either. From what I can see the new Lyman handles are made by the same people who make the handles for Saeco.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Im trying to gather some equipment on a limited budget to begin casting myself. Can anyone tell me if Lee handles will work on a Lyman double cavity mold?

Posts: 10112 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wstrnhuntr:
Im trying to gather some equipment on a limited budget to begin casting myself. Can anyone tell me if Lee handles will work on a Lyman double cavity mold?

Can't answer the Q exactly, but I do this. I have Lachmiller handles which are thinner than the groove in RCBS or similar molds. I mount the handles with the screws, shim the blocks to one side and pour alloy into that recess while making sure the blocks are closed securely. I don't see why you couldn't do the same with Lee handles on Lyman blocks... Could send you a pic of how it looks if you want.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote