Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lyman Moly Lube
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone had any experience with Lyman Moly lube on cast rifle bullets. I shoot 30-30 and 7mm. Thought I would see what the thoughts were before I buy any.

Posts: 18 | Location: Denver | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Though expensive, it works well and doesn't need a heater to flow; i.e., pressure alone will work. However, it is gooey and will stain anything it comes in contact with. On the plus side, I've had no accuracy or leading problems when using it (have used several tubes so far).

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Shooter973
posted Hide Post
I've used a few tube of this moly lube myself and have had no bad experiances with it. It is very soft and sticky though. I melt mine done with a stick of NRA formula alox and beeswax lube and then pour it into my luber sizer, and this mix works well. Not as soft and srill plenty of Moly. No leading at all with gaschecked 30-30 or even plainbase pistol slugs. [Smile]

Posts: 347 | Location: Ogden, Utah (Home of John M. Browning) | Registered: 08 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Shooter973
posted Hide Post
I've used a few tubes of this moly lube myself and have had no bad experiances with it. It is very soft and sticky though. I melt mine done with a stick of NRA formula alox and beeswax lube and then pour it into my luber sizer, and this mix works well. Not as soft and srill plenty of Moly. No leading at all with gaschecked 30-30 or even plainbase pistol slugs. [Smile]

Posts: 347 | Location: Ogden, Utah (Home of John M. Browning) | Registered: 08 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your comments. I noticed it is a little sticky. Roger Odgen at Reloader's Corner in Arvada, CO suggested to another customer to add about 15 to 25% beeswax to stiffen it. He agreed that there is still plenty of moly left. Off now to get some, thanks again.

Posts: 18 | Location: Denver | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote