New
Find
Notify
Tools

As crazy as it sounds.......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I think I'm going to the range in the morning. I've got one box of 175 gr. BTSPSMs, one box of 150 gr. PSPs and am about to load a box of Lee .309-200s.

Well, when you ain't got no family, it don't matter what day it is, now does it?

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm kind of the same way. My girlfriend has piles of family coming I don't know, so i'm hiding out here in the mountains until evening. At that time, I will kidnap her, and we will proceed into Kalispell, where we will mount a horse drawn carraige, and go carolling with like minded individuals, and a large supply of toddy. We shall finish the evening at a local pub, where we will play a couple sets of cowboy and bluegrass music for who ever is around.

I am glad to see you are taking some real bullets along for when those condiment bullets fail misearbly, as we all know they must.

Puncher, if you have a chance, drop in on some old friends and say hello. It can be kinda lonely without family. Mine is well over a thousand miles away. With a few of them, I consider this a blessing in it's self.

When you go shoot, save paper. Just use one hole.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Puncher--

Merry Christmas, sir! I hope yours is a fine one, with one-hole ten-shot groups in abundance.

I will spend Christmas waiting for the phone to ring/pager to go off......on call AGAIN. I'll have family around, though--not a total bummer.

2 years, 4 months, 29 days of this nonsense.

Deputy Al

Posts: 299 | Location: Yucaipa CA | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Puncher I am with ya,,,figure on laying in 45-70's in my 4x4,,,tossing in some 35whelen ammo,,,probably a brick of 22's and punchin holes in paper for the internet cast match,,,I can warm up my fingers feedin 22's into the 25rd mags for my 10-22,send the 35's into some rocks to settle the truck in the snow with one of my Enfields,then shoot my SMLE 45-70 for score. My week has been a doozy anyway,may as well do SOMETHING constructive.....45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
my brother in law and I have gone shooting every christmas for about 5 years he has no handguns and gets excited about what I will bring new each year for him to shoot. We go out and burn a couple hundred rounds and then come home to eat.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Puncher, Lloyd, et al......

I hope the shooting went well for all of you who celebrated the holiday at the range or in the field. Our holiday went very well, even though we weren't able to go shooting. No callouts--so that's a BIG plus.

Tonight I will finish the 25-35 WCF project with the NEI 114's, and maybe get the scope mounted on the #1 x 45-70. I have a string of 5 days off after New Year's Day, so some range time will definitely take place, as well as some quail and chukar harassment with the Ithaca(s).

Deputy Al

Posts: 299 | Location: Yucaipa CA | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I didn't make it to the range Wednesday. 35 knot winds w/ gusts to 45. Stayed home and loaded.

Puncher

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote