New
Find
Notify
Tools

who has bullets for .38-55 ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am considering getting a .38-55, though I want to find out where I can get some bullets for it first. They aren't availiable here since almost nobody shoots one.

I want to get around to casting my own, but for now I don't have any equipment. I have a .45-120 that I need to start casting for, I just need to get mould for that one too.

In the mean time if I can get some good ones sent to me I can find out how well the guns shoot before I go trying my own which, as a beginer might not be so great...

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
try midway, graph and sons, they have online catalouges,, then do a search with your search engin and look for a bullet that matches what you want if midway and graph don t have what you need. dont turn your nose up at the softer moly coated bullets that speer or other companyes carry.. they are very forgiving for beginning loads, just dont get over powerfull ideas.. the 38 55 is not a high speed load anyway.. i ordered bullets from a guy in the northwest usa and i can get you his phone number if you want contact me at ffffgdave@yahoo.com .. good luck dave.

Posts: 249 | Location: central montana | Registered: 17 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are the rules if any about shipping cast bullets from USA. to Italy? Check it out. If can do I cand send you some from a orgional Winchester 1894 mould they are 255 gr. also have some 300 gr. from a Ron Long mould.SLW.

Posts: 59 | Location: 15758 Butte Mt. Rd. Jackson CA. 95642 | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SLW, thanks for the offer, I will be sure to take you up on that if I get this rifle.

For now I am trying to get my .45-120 going, and still waiting on the dies and shell holder for the trimmer.

BTW, there are no legal problems shipping bullets from overseas, I buy most of mine through Brunoshooters.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote