New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mold
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just gotta tell you guys about this...

Yesterday I was at a local sporting goods store that doesn't have a lot of casting stuff. I wasn't exactly looking for casting stuff at the time but I always go by for a look wherenever I go into a new place. Well- stuck amidst a bunch of stuff was 5 RCBS bullet mold boxes. They had a lot more dust on them than the other stuff around them. There were 4 minni ball molds and 1 .30 cal 165gr. silhouette mold there. The 4 minni ball molds had prices of $31.95 on them. The .30 cal mold didn't have a price. I been wanting a good .30 cal mold but I elected to pass. So...
I went home and thought about it- got out the Graf's catalog and saw the same mold for something like 53-54 smackeroos. Heck- that $20 saved will buy a lot of primers. I went back today and took the .30 cal mold along with one of the priced minni ball molds to the counter. I told the guy there were 5 molds for sale and the one I wanted didn't have a price on it. Can you believe he said it was the same price as the others??? I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough.

After that I went around the corner to Widener's and picked up a Lee 6 cavity handle for $12 (plus the 9 3/4% sales tax up here).

All I gotta do now is get some gas checks...

Life is good.

Posts: 41 | Location: Kingsport, TN | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a deal. I've been to all the shops in town and can't find anything good. I did find one used set of Lyman handles for $30. I passed.
lar.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I cast about 300 of the bullets with this mold today. It is one of the easiest molds I have ever used. I had good bullets within just a few minutes. I have to get some .30 cal gas checks, sizer, and top punch. The store I got the mold at didn't have them. I am not in a hurry as I have many other projects in the works.

Beau
Life is good.

Posts: 41 | Location: Kingsport, TN | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote