Find
Notify
Tools

Tag Line
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
NO BS,
I feel I need to let you know I feel your tag line comparing camels to women disturbing. I personally feel it is very demeaning to women. Oh well you probably don't care but at least I spoke up.
Orygun

Posts: 210 | Location: Willamette Valley | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Agreed. ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No BS,
I think I need to agree with the others. I know that this is not the old Shooters, but those of us who participated over there were among the most civilized forum participants that I have been associated with. I noticed that you have been jerking on another participants chain by your own admission and seem to be revelling in your ability to get his goat. Why is "chain jerking" necessary or even entertaining. I have seen that you have some knowledge and valuable input as does Starmetal. Please don't diminish what others may gain from you by presenting a superior attitude. It isn't warranted and only detracts from you and the class of these forums.
350mag

Posts: 39 | Location: Pilot Station AK | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NOBS I'm not offended. But I find it incredible that you would advertize that you haven't found the difference between camels and women. The statement is mearly either myopic or prepubescent.

Then maybe it may be a statement based on experience and one of choice or personal preference - as to where one wants the bumps. Still OK, but of a bit strange choice.

Keep up the good shooting.

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What happened to the world where a guy could say what he thinks and not have a bunch of lilly livers carping about a few words? Jssss..

I don't give a dam what you boys think... there just words. And if they bother ya.. tuff sh**.

Real problem is you boys know nothing about camels.

Posts: 57 | Location: Far North Western Mongolia | Registered: 07 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The camels are offended too! So you are batting 100% on offending readers.

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Barrett:
The camels are offended too! So you are batting 100% on offending readers.

Ya know.. I'm not really try'n. But that's who I am.

You boys sound like a bunch of liberal types whaling about what?? Give some hard thought to what that line REALLY is saying.

Posts: 57 | Location: Far North Western Mongolia | Registered: 07 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NO BS,
Maybe you'd like to explain it to my wife who does read over my shoulder sometimes to see what I am reading as she likes to shoot also. Orygun

Posts: 210 | Location: Willamette Valley | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orygun Mark:
NO BS,
Maybe you'd like to explain it to my wife who does read over my shoulder sometimes to see what I am reading as she likes to shoot also. Orygun

I'd have to pass. If your both that thin skinned then how do you function in this world?

Equal rights? Hell only when it suits them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
NO BS,
Not thin skinned. It's called respect. You must not have any respect even for yourself. I'm not going to waste any more time on somebody like you. Oh for the old shooters board.
Orygun

one of us
posted Hide Post
NO BS You said the problem is that we know nothing about camels. You may be right! I know nothing about camels, I prefer women, but having no experience with camels, I will have to bow to your superion knowledge.

Posts: 56 | Location: fallon, nv. | Registered: 02 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NO BS, I too must plead ignorance of the camel's attractive charms. Could you please elaborate for the unenlightened? We must all be missing something, or perhaps you have just returned from a deserted oasis somewhere with only a camel for company? How many good rifles do you have to trade for a good camel? And do they have to be good cast boolit rifles or just the run of the mill ordinary rifle? (On topic). Just how long were you and the camel togethor at this oasis? Inquiring minds want to know. Thank you Oregon Mark for breaking the ice on this topic, I've always wondered about camels and how they fit in to the grand scheme of things in the middle East. There must be something going on there that we ignorant Americans don't understand. Everyone is so pissed off at each other over there, there must be an explanation, but I just can't put my finger on it right now.

Puzzled and always respectful of others tastes, regard from duke.

Posts: 41 | Location: reno nv | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by felix:
Agreed. ... felix

ditto....45

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
Correction: I would say that it is in poor taste.

Chivalry (for lack of a better word) is neither weak-hearted nor thin-skinned; nor does a camel fit my pedestal.

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
last time I looked this was a casting board

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd Smale:

Do the Chicago Plaster Casters count?

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Your so correct Mr Lloyd.

I get such a charge otta how you 'feelings on my sleeves' types whine. LMFAS.

Then you have the simpleton who comments it's about some phsical thing with the camel. Boys will always be boys no matter the age. Teenage boys with zits that is.

Ever look at the some the simple sh** written under some of your names? No one gives swat one about your politics, your personal allegiances or the rest of your trivia. Your just dum enough to post it. Then ya bitch about someone else's words... what a bunch of old broads.

So stop whining. If you don't understand what it's saying it's your lack of knowledge.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a few positive traits in general human relations which ease the communications and relationships among us.

Some of these factors include civility and consideration of others' views. Those who refuse to adopt a modicum of such traits are BOORS, and those who DO choose to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner are not necessarily whiners, or spineless, or needful of anyone's approval, or old ladies. Many posters I have already met in person are truly "men with the bark on", and have been there and done that. They do not find it necessary to posture here about how manly or tough they are.

Yes, this is a cast bullet board, but the WAY the board is conducted and the atmosphere it provides are very much a part of it. Therefore, this current discussion is not off-topic. I choose to disregard the posts of those who don't care to conduct themselves in a REASONABLY civilized manner. No need for painful politeness, or hoity-toity pinkies-in-the-air, you understand, just some common (or what SHOULD be common) regard for others' views.

BruceB (aka Bren Mk1)

Posts: 437 | Location: nevada | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bren Mk1:
There are a few positive traits in general human relations which ease the communications and relationships among us.

Some of these factors include civility and consideration of others' views. Those who refuse to adopt a modicum of such traits are BOORS, and those who DO choose to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner are not necessarily whiners, or spineless, or needful of anyone's approval, or old ladies. Many posters I have already met in person are truly "men with the bark on", and have been there and done that. They do not find it necessary to posture here about how manly or tough they are.

Yes, this is a cast bullet board, but the WAY the board is conducted and the atmosphere it provides are very much a part of it. Therefore, this current discussion is not off-topic. I choose to disregard the posts of those who don't care to conduct themselves in a REASONABLY civilized manner. No need for painful politeness, or hoity-toity pinkies-in-the-air, you understand, just some common (or what SHOULD be common) regard for others' views.

BruceB (aka Bren Mk1)

Preachy little fart ain't ya. I find the studidest people take forever to say what they mean-- and then usually blow it like you did.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well now. I have a pretty fair record of restraint on these Boards, but every once in a while it seems that some escapee from civilization manages to surface from the slime to pollute the area. They don't seem to understand (or appreciate) polite discourse, so:

Yessir, quality will tell. The only thing you have right is ONE HALF of your handle. It should be ALL BS, you cretinous jerk.

You are a disgrace to all the decent folks who cast bullets.

Posts: 437 | Location: nevada | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bren Mk1:
Well now. I have a pretty fair record of restraint on these Boards, but every once in a while it seems that some escapee from civilization manages to surface from the slime to pollute the area. They don't seem to understand (or appreciate) polite discourse, so:

Yessir, quality will tell. The only thing you have right is ONE HALF of your handle. It should be ALL BS, you cretinous jerk.

You are a disgrace to all the decent folks who cast bullets.

Bruce has put my thoughts here quite well, I am not one to welcome such insufferable " BS" . You are not welcome on the CB board if you cannot keep on topic or respectful. Your present behavior is tolerated and even encouraged on the Politics board with the likes of BBBruce,Judy and Axel. Please make your home there if you need to jerk somebodys chain or display senseless and offensive tag lines. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Waksupi, 45 Nut, Thanks! I've been looking for that Forum.
Russ

Posts: 65 | Location: Washington State, Columbia Basin | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"You are a disgrace to all the decent folks who cast bullets"

Your 'decent' folk ol' pard? Just don't get downwind of ya right?

If I any respect for ya.... nevermind, I don't.

All this silly sh** because a man uses a byline some sappy jackass's don't like.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mrs 45 nut you just might piss me off. Your right out of the school that sez 'rights for all, so long as they look and speak as I do'.

Mama's callin' Mrs 'nut.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NO BS:
[QB]What happened to the world where a guy could say what he thinks and not have a bunch of lilly livers carping about a few words? Jssss..

I don't give a dam what you boys think... there just words. And if they bother ya.. tuff sh**.
QB]

What happened? We listened to you.

Read ALL the posts. With the exception perhaps of my humor, the folks here gave reasoned respectful explainations of very rational view points. THEY have earned (again) my respect. Anyone can. It's a choice to ignore the cheap shots and get on with life.

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't feed the troll anymore gents....my .02

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Any way to change NO BS's handle to One of Them, since he just can't be One of Us.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leftoverdj:
quote:

Do the Chicago Plaster Casters count?
Not troll feeding Leftoverdj but you sure made me laugh by bringing up the Plaster Casters. The Chicago Seed ran some pitchers. Thanks for the memories.

Goatlips

Posts: 10 | Location: Michigan/Florida | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NO BS: Your quote: "Real problem is you boys know nothing about camels."

So please tell us about the camels. Being a fairly adventerous lad in my youth, I have been imagining all sorts of things regarding hot desert nights around the old oasis. We have camel races here in Virginia City Nevada every summer, and these beasts are mean spirited, vicious, crude, and all around un-hygenic creatures. Please tell us what the attraction is, as compared with a human female. If it is actually possible for a human to be attracted to a camel, in the, ahem, physical sense, this would explain a lot of puzzling things about the middle east. And it would explain a lot of things about yourself. And please try to tone down the retoric and make use of your spell checker, you are getting harder and harder to read, in fact you are rapidly fading away into my editorial cloud bank.

duke, out.

Posts: 41 | Location: reno nv | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"rapidly fading away into my editorial cloud bank"

If you lightened up on the meds or the dope Duck ya could see something.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. BS...I thought the camel line was a little over the top, but I just let it go. I am bothered far more by your sarcasm and name calling when good folks are trying to express polite disagreement with you. You probably thrive on posts like this and you can now call me a name or two. You can do this from the safety of your home with any real risk to yourself.

This post will have no effect on anything, but I just wanted to go on record.

Posts: 263 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys...I know I'm not your boss or your wife, mom, etc. but I think we should just leave it go now. You all know that No BS and I have had our words and I haven't jumped into this TAG LINE.
He's been okay lately and especially in a reply to my throater post in which I was pleased with his answer. We're all a congloburation of different people thrown together in this forum and it's amazing that we get along as well as we do. I don't harbor any bad feeling towards NO BS and look forward to more of his posts and replies as well as yours. Let us all get back to the business of firearms and reloading.

Joe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well that is the story of my life...I showed up to late for the fight...If everybody is making nice now, I will retract my post and be a team player. Sorry folks...I didn't mean to dig up a buried bone. I just didn't read the thread until today (10-22)..didn't realize it was dead.

The thread is dead! The thread is dead!
Were all eating smores and singing Kum-by-Ya
Rejoice ye casters, the thread is dead
(To be sung to the tune of your choice)

Posts: 263 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chargar:
Well that is the story of my life...I showed up to late for the fight...If everybody is making nice now, I will retract my post and be a team player. Sorry folks...I didn't mean to dig up a buried bone. I just didn't read the thread until today (10-22)..didn't realize it was dead.

The thread is dead! The thread is dead!
Were all eating smores and singing Kum-by-Ya
Rejoice ye casters, the thread is dead
(To be sung to the tune of your choice)

Sorry you were late for the scrap. I had alot of good laughs. A bunch of nonsense over an outlandish comparison. The grey cast crowd sounds very annal and narrow.

I don't know about any name calling, I just dished out what came my way.

No intent to re-light the brew-ha, let it be dead. But all that posturing for what?

It be a FREE country... and the byline STAYS.