Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Lee 35 cal mould sale
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
35 Shooters!!!

I bought 2 special run custom Lee moulds today From Midway they are a 2 cavity 200 grain Round Flatnosed gas check on sale for $20 on sale from $25 and a 260 grain round Flatnosed gascheck 6 cavity "Boolit" mould for $35 down from $45.
I'm not the biggest Lee fan in the world, but these are supposed to be something special. Thought you might want to check it out.

regards,
Graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I can't believe they are already on sale! I just ordered the 260 gr earlier this week, and had to pay the full $45. Grumble, moan, oh well, the upside is I'll have the mold by the end of the week.

The 6 cavity lee molds are much higher quality then the 2 cavity in terms of mold alignment. I've been looking forward to shooting a heavy cast bullet in 35 for a long time now, I gave up on finding a lyman 3589 or 358009, and was too cheap to get the custom copy that was run. I've been waiting for the Lee as long as the design has been bandied about on shooters.com

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered One of the 6 hole 35's. I hope it's as good as the Lee custom 8MM 6 cavity I got from Midsouth. The bullets just pop right out and you can sure use up a pot of lead quick and end up with a lot of bullets.

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
You ought to contact Midway about honoring the sale price (assuming that's who you bought it from).
Jerry/AK

Posts: 575 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 12 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm kinda pissed, ordering first day for full price, and having it on sale the next. And this on a special run!

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Where is the sale price shown? I saw on shooters where somebody got a rebate on the price difference, but I called Midway, and they have no reference to the sale price?

posted Hide Post
hi! will that 6 cavity,260gr bullet mold work in my 356win?

Posts: 7 | Location: norhtcentral wisconsin | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by waksupi:
Yeah, I'm kinda pissed, ordering first day for full price, and having it on sale the next. And this on a special run!

I initially had the same reaction, so I send Midway a nice polite note.

I had placed my order at the higher price, so I really knew that I could not complain much.

Well, Midway billed me for the sale price -- even before I had contacted them.

Note however, that I don't think they had shipped it at the time of the price decrease. Still, they didn't have to do this, so I will spend the 8 buck difference with them in the future!

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 356win:
hi! will that 6 cavity,260gr bullet mold work in my 356win?

Provided your barrel twist is fast enough to stabalize it, it should be a dandy [Big Grin] No matter what rifle you shoot it out of, the desired velocity will be 2000-2100 fps, which is perfectly matched to the 356/358 wins.

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Could you please post the Lee mould # for the 6 cavity, and the Midway "item #" for the same?

Thanks,

AC

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
Could you please post the Lee mould # for the 6 cavity, and the Midway "item #" for the same?

Thanks,

AC

Copied from Shooters 358-260gr Prod. #445-265

or http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/445265

Only two left, you better hurry as it is a special run, and I don't know if Midway plans to order more, or how long it would take to arrive if they did.