Find
Notify
Tools

Re: C358-180-RF molds are in.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My 6 holer arrived today, Thanks

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine came in today, too. Many thanks! Good looking mold!

Posts: 300 | Location: W. New Mexico | Registered: 28 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
If anyone doesn't want theirs I'd be interested in it. Send me a PM if you would like. Thanks, Peter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived today also_ in good shape!
Thank You! Let's do another!!!!!! 8MMM plinker ! Or 30/30 for micro groove!......or...... Dale

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hmmmm.......

a 6 holer where I come from from would be ONE BIG outhouse! Dale

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

hmmmm.......

Is it (was it) not the tradtion of Harvard to burn an outhouse at graduation; and did not JFK get a FIVE holer? Or was that Yale?

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Quote:

hmmmm.......

When I was in the Navy, that phrase had a whole different meaning.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
YAhooooooooooooo
Casually opened the door to my mailbox and guess what lurked there?
My mold.

Affraid to open the box too early, I'd be casting to midnight if I get half a chance!

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
The good thing about this one is that you only have to cast for 30min or so to get a tidy little pile. I preheated mine with a propane torch, smoked the cavities with one of those long butane BBQ lighters and had all the cavities pouring good bullets in about 4 pours. It sure does drain the LEE pot pretty quick though.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ahhhhh. Another custom mould arrived today. Many thanks.

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lar45,
The mold arrived today. Looks good. Thank you very much for doing the group purchase. Do you have any thoughts about another custom mold group purchase? Is Lee receptive to this, or is it a pain for them? IIRC, you said with an order of 25 molds, they waive the setup fee. Is this correct?

Neal

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Do you have any thoughts about another custom mold group purchase? Is Lee receptive to this, or is it a pain for them? IIRC, you said with an order of 25 molds, they waive the setup fee. Is this correct?

25 is the majic number. Lee welcomes these - business is business. It takes two things: a) someone who is willing to do the WORK of pushing the ideas and make decisions; and b) a workable set of drawings.

There are probably 6 to 10 folks that haunt these boards that have done it (THANKS by-the-bye).

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
The only thing that was a pain for them was when I kept changing the order amount from 25 to 35 to 45. I tried to speed the process along by getting the order in for the 25, but once I posted that the order was in, then alot more people wanted in on the deal. Which is not a bad thing, it would just help to get a better count before ordering. So in the future we should probably see if there is enough interest then decide to do the order, collect checks for about 2 weeks, then put the order in. It might not make things quite as expedient, but may help us look more organized with Lee??

I"m looking forward to the 45 PP mold in discussion. I would have no problems doing another one sometime in the future. I did break tradition with not cashing the checks until the molds were shipped, but When Lee charged my credit card before they made them, I didn't want to pay interest on it. All seems to have turned out well as long as the post office holds up there end and they all get delivered.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I got my mould last night when I got home from work. Everything looks great and I can't wait to warm up the pot and give it a try.

A big thanks to Lar45 for making this happen!

Neal in AZ

Posts: 84 | Location: Southeast AZ | Registered: 25 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now that the deal is done, anybody have an extra??? It was killin me when this was happening, but the situation was kinda tight. Now that things have loosened up financially, it's all over. I don't suppose one of you kind (and forward-thinking) souls, that bought more than one, have one of these molds you would part with? Huh? Well? Huh? ....Bug.

Posts: 353 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Now that the deal is done, anybody have an extra??? It was killin me when this was happening, but the situation was kinda tight. Now that things have loosened up financially, it's all over. I don't suppose one of you kind (and forward-thinking) souls, that bought more than one, have one of these molds you would part with? Huh? Well? Huh? ....Bug.

Check your PM

Posts: 338 | Location: Johnsburg, Illinois | Registered: 15 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!!
My mould arrived today and I'll fire up the pot and start casting tommorrow! This bullet looks lots like my LBT 180 grain WFN, only with a shorter nose...which is great because the LBT bullet has a .4 inch long ogive and won't feed in my Marlin, this one will!

thanks for all your hard work again!!

regards,
Graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I took a sample of the LBT 180 and seated it deeper in increments until it would feed in my Rossi M92. That came in at .3" for the nose, so that's what I drew.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lar, I'm gonna give it another week before panicking. Gray says he just got his and he's only a hundred miles from me. Holidays always mess up the post office and add a few days. Chances are excellent that mine will turn up sometime next week.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote