Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

finding wheel weights
 Login/Join

posted
I'm just getting back into bullet casting after several years away. Last time I looked for ww, they were free. Now it seems like everyone is recycling them or selling them to scrap dealers. Wher I get my car serviced the guy lets me take what they have(about half a bucket every 3 mos. or 3000 miles). But, I need alot more since I'm doing cowboy shooting. I also drive a truck, so I'm not home very often and have limited time to look for a supplier. My question is- should I concentrate my limited search time to big chain tire stores, or to smaller mon-and-pop type shops? Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have asked at some of the "chain" stores like Discount Tire, and they tell me they send the weights back for credit.

Having said that, there still should be some smaller places around. If you live in a large farming area, there typically are Farm and Ranch places that do work on farm trucks, and sometimes the wheel weights are free for the asking at those places.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Doubless, thanks for the quick reply. I'll have to see if we have any ot those around. I had the same luck at my discount tires, after just spending $700 on truck tires!

Posts: 2 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I used to buy them for $20 for a 5 gallon bucket from a tire store, but then they said they no longer sell them. A buddy I cast for had a friend at a tire store and he got 6 buckets in trade for some bullets, but I haven't gotten any since then, and am down to the last few buckets.

I sent my wife out a few years back, and she got a bucket and half for free from a local shop, something to be said for good looks Wink

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote