THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Cast Bullets    Pricing error on the new 2-cavity full sized rifle molds

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pricing error on the new 2-cavity full sized rifle molds
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/so_mould.asp

Yes, to those who have e-mailed me. Midsouth does have the new 2-cavity full sized rifle bullet molds listed on the web-page at the $13.55 price that is normal for a single cavity mold. It is a glitch in their system and they have been notified about it by me.

Will they honor that price for those who got an order logged in for the part number for the two cavity mold when it was listing a single cavity price -- who knows? The correct price was $16.95 and for three bucks they might not want to waste their time chasing it. Since the custom cut molds are a B/O only item, their B/O system will normally log in the price shown at time of B/O. I suspect they can adjust your order price if they wanted to, but do not know if they will bother -- that is up to them.

Yes, the new two-cavity full-sized rifle molds are going across the board on all the custom-cut stuff from Midsouth (right now it is a Midsouth exclusive, although that is probably subject to change as time goes by). $16.95 is the correct current price pending LEE's next general price increase, whenever that is.

Yes, you can order yourself a full-sized two cavity rifle mold for $13.55, but I kind of doubt you will get it at that price past this morning, even if they choose to let existing orders ride (and if I were them I would change all the orders to the correct price of $16.95 instead of losing $3.00 a mold).

Stranger things have happened, though.

Oldfeller

Posts: 386 | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here is the solution path that LEE and Midsouth followed on the pricing error on the two cavity mold that was listed for the $13.55 single cavity mold price on the web page -- the current order quantity level was cut off as of yesterday morning and that existing order quantity was ordered at LEE and produced as a single cavity mold (molds literally made fresh yesterday) so the pricing and the mold that you get will both match at the $13.55 single cavity price which is the price you will be charged.

Don't get concerned about the six cavity 8mm Karabiner, it will come through as a six cavity mold on the current orders as its pricing was never screwed up.

As soon as all the current orders are filled, then everything will be adjusted to be correct in both places (I hope).

Think of it as a good thing, all the existing orders will be shipped within the next working week and then it starts over fresh and correct.

The time urgency prevented any pre-examining of anything associated with the mold run, so the purchasers this time will be getting LEE "run of the mill" stuff with no involvement from me by checking or approving anything.

The system is actually going to work (or not work) on its own steam.

And that is likely the way it will remain from now on, as Midsouth is ordering directly from LEE on a demand-pull basis now. Don't be looking for any Oldfeller stamp on anything, that is just reserved for the molds I cherry up with my own little fingers (the scarce, special collector series molds). And don't expect any comments from me on what things are or are not on mold runs, as I won't know.

Getting Doug a good digital Diatest set-up gage is the only real input we can have now to improve the overall condition of the molds that are going to be produced from now on (and likely this is going to be true for the Midsouth stuff and the Midway stuff and the LEE standard stuff).

Oldfeller

Posts: 386 | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Oldfeller,

What is the status of your batches of 6.5 molds? Don't suppose you recall sending a pair to Alaska, or whether I'm in the second batch run?

Thanks

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The MidSouth website is still showing the 6.5 two cavity mould at $13.70. I ordered one. I'd actually prefer getting the one cavity version.

Be kinda nice if they got a special run of the Lee sizers, too.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote