New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Ratio Lead To Tin Are You Using?
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
I could experiment, but I thought of asking what you gentlemen use.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mike_elmer
posted Hide Post
I've had really good results with equal parts of Lyman#2 alloy, and lead,(L2L) in pistol and low velocity rifle loads. So, the ratio is 95% Lead, 2.5% tin, and 2.5% antimony. I have tried 10/1 mixtures of Lead/tin with good results, but it's a little softer than the L2L alloy I use. For rifle velocities over 2000 fps, I have tried Linotype, and regular Lyman#2, and prefer the softer Lyman #2 for accuracy.

Well, they really aren't debates... more like horse and pony shows... without the pony... just the whores.

1955, Top tax rate, 92%... unemployment, 4%.

"Beware of the Free Market. There are only two ways you can make that work. Either you bring the world's standard of living up to match ours, or lower ours to meet their's. You know which way it will go."
by My Great Grandfather, 1960

Protection for Monsanto is Persecution of Farmers.

Posts: 8421 | Location: adamstown, pa | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
20 parts lead to 1 part tin works well for most applications. I often use 30-1 for hunting, and have on two occasions witnessed a 2000 pound American bison shot completely through and through lengthwise from chest to exit out of a rear ham with a 500 grain bullet at 1210 fps and 30-1. Length of penetration was measured at 76 inches.

Using 30-1 bullets out of my 45-110 Sharps in the Eastern Cape, I have never recovered a bullet. I have taken several kudu, a couple of zebra, both black and blue wildebeest, gemsbok and a number of smaller animals with the Sharps and have always gotten complete pass through. Look up "Black powder zebra kill" on youtube to see a 30-1 bullet out of a Sharps. They work.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote