New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: a discovery!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I fired thirteen jacketed bullets through my Garand last week....after putting over 800 cast rounds down the tube over a period of several months. It was mostly because I had decided to finally clean the bore and look at the gas system, and I wanted to get rid of the orphan jacketed loads anyway.

In the last year I'd estimate my rifles have gone through upwards of five thousand cast-bullet rounds, and ZERO jacketed ammo until those thirteen last week.

I yam truly a cast-boolit nutcase, no doubt about it....

Posts: 437 | Location: nevada | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok ,it's not earth shaking! I had to clean my reloading room.....you know..that once in 10 years 'I'm gonna clean this mess up' type thing. I found boxes of jacketed bullets. It made me think..... I haven't shot a jacketed bullet in years ( exceptions are 8mm and 22 mag!)I don't even want to shoot a jacketed bullet. My bottle of 'Sweets' still stands 'stoically' on the shelf. ( I had to look that up)LOL!

My point- I really don't need jacketed bullets. Not for 99.999% of my shooting. I really don't even like jacketed bullets. Anyone else arrived here already? Dale

Posts: 301 | Location: Xenia,Il. 62899 | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote