New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB-- 30 or 8mm Hornady checks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need a Hornady check that fits a larger bullet shank in 30 caliber. If you have some which run to the large side and your not going to use them, post back please.

Same for 8mm's-- if you have a check which fits very tight or are too small, I can use those also.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aladin, I have the same problem with my Lyman 314299 mould. Been getting around it by annealing the checks and expanding them with a punch made from a VW fuel pump push rod. Seems to work OK, not only in my .303 but this is my most accurate mould in my Springfield. Hope this helps, curmudgeon

Posts: 99 | Location: Livermore, CA, USA | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by curmudgeon:
Aladin, I have the same problem with my Lyman 314299 mould. Been getting around it by annealing the checks and expanding them with a punch made from a VW fuel pump push rod. Seems to work OK, not only in my .303 but this is my most accurate mould in my Springfield. Hope this helps, curmudgeon

Appreciate that Curmudgeon. I anneal those oversized checks too, and often any lot number if I'm getting down to 'brass tacks'. You've more patience that I-- opening up the mouths I won't mess with. Did you ever try chamfering the shank edge with a case chamfer tool to allow clearance? I'm forced to do this with some-- but the problem then becomes uniform seating with the check inner
base.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote