Find
Notify
Tools

OT Intruder in my house! long...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted
Hi all, this is a bit off topic here but I thought I might vent to some like minded individuals. Someone came in our house while we weren't home and kicked my wifes poodle in the head, then cleared out all the money we had in little savings spots around the house. Nothing else was taken and our two boxers didn't eat him, so we're thinking that it is someone that we know. I had just gotten done taking finals and came home to find her dog with it's eye almost ready to pop out of it's head. My wife had been quilting at a friends all morning so no one was home. The dog had wet fur on it's belley and paws, it had been raining that morning. All of the doors were closed, but not locked. We live in Idaho and the worst thing that has happened in our neighbor hood is our neighbor throws her leaves across the fence into our yard. My wife usually watches my ex-wifes new children while she is at work. We try to have a good working relationship to be able to see my Daughter who still lives with her mother. My ex-wifes new husband usually comes by to pick the kids up in the afternoon. He usually just walks in without knocking, it's an anoyance, but we didn't think it was worth starting anything over. On the day in question, my wife wasn't watching the kids. We are thinking that he came over looking for his kids, walked in and seeing that no one was home went through our stuff. The dog probably got in the way so he kicked it. None of the neighbors noticed anything. The ex and her family were over on christams evening to exchange gifts with my son who lives with me and ours to my daughter. A friend of ours was carrying the dog and went by the suspect, the dog flinched really hard and pulled back away from him. The boxers wouldn't go anywhere near him and wouldn't look at him. He denys being over that day. We took the dog to the vet, the eye was hemorageing and swollen 3x it's normal size. It's taken several weeks of medication and treatment for the swelling to go down enough and for the blood to clear out of the eye so the vet could see inside. The retina is ripped and torn with a big blood clot and pieces of retina in the corner of the eye. She is blind in that eye now. I know it's only a "Poodle", but my wife is really attached to this dog. She was a puppy from one of our litters and my wife has taken care of her since day one. When the puppy was a week old, my wife started carrying it around in her bra with it's little head sticking out, but warm and safe with her. I'm really frustrated and angry hear. We think we know who it is. Our dogs reaction tells us alot, but wouldn't serve as proof. I still need to have a working relationship with the ex so I can see my Daughter. My son came to live with us in the spring because his stepdad was beating him and spit in his face. We tried to press charges, but the police and CPS wouldn't do anything because there weren't any visible bruises or scars. A fourteen yearolds word wasn't enough. I want to take a club to the guy, but we don't know for sure that it was him. [Mad] [Mad] [Confused] [Mad]

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lar, I am so sorry to hear how the security of your home was violated and your dog injured "Only a poodle?" You don't have to apologize for having a poodle. My best dog ever was a poodle mix who was a great retriever on all kinds of birds on land or in the water. Geese were a little bit too big for Jack (32 lb.), but he got by OK dragging them. If it was me I would start locking the house, and limit keys to immediate family. Friends will understand and non-friends will get the message. I hope you have reported the incident to local law enforcement. If it is who you think it is, it might make him too nervous for a repeat visit. I don't know how it is where you live, but here there are far too many under-employed lawyers. Please be careful about what you say and no more trolling with the poodle. Unfortunately, suing has become the national sport. Regards, curmudgeon

Posts: 99 | Location: Livermore, CA, USA | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kinda' makes ya' wish you were hidin' in the closet when they came in. 'Coarse, with somethin' in there with ya', know what ah mean, bean?

Yeah, I'm with curmudgeon about the dog. I have two and they're my children. And the thing that REALLY p1ss3s me off is, the dog not only is not the target, but he can't defend himself against a human. That takes a real coward to do something like that.

If ya' find out who it is, pack up 'em in a crate and send 'im here by way of Moscow or Bankok. I got sump'm for 'im. Ol' Puncher'll take up for ya'. I'll bring 'em to understand they did a bad thing!

Puncher

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote