New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old headstamp
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was sorting a couple of gal. zip-lok bags of '06 cases a little bit ago. First by mfg'r., then by weight.
Found one stamped "SEARS 30-06 SPRG". You know that case has been around awhile.

Puncher

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Puncher....think I have a couple of those in my stash also. That was back when Sears subcontracted everything. I was at the gun shop last fall when this guy brought a Sears 30/06 in. M98 commercial with all of the stamps on the side of the receiver. Wanted a scope mounted. It was cherry. Made me lustful.

I got a bag of 32-40 brass from a friend in VT. Talk about old stuff. I anealed it and so far haven't lost a case after several firings. Peters, 32-40 HV and all kinds of old headstamps./beagle

Posts: 234 | Location: Lexington, Ky,USA | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
<pbshooter>
posted
Guys,
Found one yesterday in the arroyo while getting sand for luminarias. Looks likes an 30'06, headsatmp is "SUPER-X then 30-G-1906". Don't think I'll process this one yet for cast boolits.
ecw

one of us
posted Hide Post
Beagle,
Since I posted this AM, I've found four more just like it. Want one?

Puncher

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This summer my Wife brought home 8 boxes of SEARS 20 gauge shells from a yard sale. In perfect condition, only one box had been opened, they shoot clay birds fine. She also bought 5 boxes of Federal 3 1/2" 10 gauge #2 LEAD $1.00 a box. Now I HAVE to buy a 10 gauge.

In my collection, I have some "sears" headstanps, as well as "Browning" 6mm, and "Savage" 30-30 also have a few S&W headstamped 44 mags.

krag35

one of us
posted Hide Post
Some of the manufacturers of brass will add your custom headstamp to a run of brass if the quantities are big enough.

So, what caliber do we want the 'castpicks.net' on?

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote