New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: End of group buys?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
well,considering the feedbackposted over on THR from mr.lee I have a hard time believing that he is all that concerned about what we really think. Maybe he forgets that his bottom line should be considered as a trade in respect from his customers. No one is immune to taking a fall. By our deciding to spend money on lee products or not we can make our feelings heard. As with any custom gun work,,,all of this is mostly optional to us. Be nice if these folks remembered that once is awhile. Dan from mountain molds is exceptional in this regard. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

well,considering the feedbackposted over on THR from mr.lee I have a hard time believing that he is all that concerned about what we really think. Maybe he forgets that his bottom line should be considered as a trade in respect from his customers. No one is immune to taking a fall. By our deciding to spend money on lee products or not we can make our feelings heard. As with any custom gun work,,,all of this is mostly optional to us. Be nice if these folks remembered that once is awhile. Dan from mountain molds is exceptional in this regard. 45nut

Agreed on all counts.

Looking at the group-buy angle, are there other manufacturers that would humor us with discounts?

I understand the economics of production, but there is a flexibility in delivery dates that would allow some flexibility of manufacturing. It seems that a run of 25 or 30 moulds could be fit into the process.

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
45nut,

THR????????? Where'zat at????

Cheers,
R*2

Posts: 129 | Location: NorthEast | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THR,,,that is The High Road ,,actually a lively place,folks seem quite well behaved and I LIKE THAT. And a couple more places to visit is OK by me.
The LEE Thread is very long,plenty of opinions and feedback of what NOT to do as a businessman.
Amazing what the www can develop for page views. 4nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might try NEI. Walt has passed on but his family has kept the business. They will cut any cherry for a decent first run like a group buy. Check out www.neihandtools.com

Brent

PS. Their aluminum blocks are very good in my opinion, but they do iron blocks as well. I'd stick with the aluminum myself (indeed, I have).

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of C1PNR
posted Hide Post
This is it for me!!

As a general rule, I dislike Lee products, and particularly the CHEAP aluminum moulds. When you have to "rebuild" (Leement) them before using, that is, as my friends in law enforcement used to say, "A CLUE" as to value.

The ONLY reason I have ANY is that they were "special cut" in a design I want to try.

I signed on for a 30 tumble lube and I'll send my extra $15.00 tomorrow (Monday, 6,28) even though the one I really wanted to buy was the "fat" 30.

This is probably the last Lee product that I'll allow into my loading room. Only exception MAY be a "factory crimp" die, just to check it out.

I'll spend my HARD EARNED money with Mountain Moulds in the future and Lee can KISS MY ASSETS goodby!

Not that I have an opinion on the topic.

Posts: 312 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote